Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cloth Diapers

I ordered them & they arrived & it took me a while to actually start using them; I am not sure if I was scared, worried, or just thought what the hell was I thinking but we have been doing it for about 3 weeks now & I LOVE them.  I ordered 2 different kinds just because I heard so many great things about both & wanted to try both out before ordering more & I have to say I will be ordering more of the bumGenius & NOT the FuzziBunz.  I loved the colors of the FuzziBunz but they tend to not hold as much as the bumGenius diapers & in starting with cloth diapers I found out that Colton is a heavy wetter & the bumGenius diapers handle that better!!


I do have a question for you ladies that do cloth diaper; what is your cleaner of choice & how often do you have to strip them??

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mitzi, we always used Planet...it was fine. Then a cloth diapering store opened up nearby and the owner said that it does not void Bum Geniuses warranty to use TIDE. Just regular old Tide. It's waaaaay better than planet. It's a strong detergent and the diapers actually smell fresh and clean. As for stripping, I only do it if they start to smell like ammonia or if an unexplained diaper rash pops up and I think it might be yeast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a heavy wetter and have used fuzzi bunz for two years with no issues; i double stuff for his 13 hour nights.

    we use charlie's soap (and a water softener because we have hard water); we use it for all of our laundry. and hang in the sun to dry.

    i didn't have to strip until he turned two recently (toddler urine is full of stuff you wouldn't find from a baby, hence the ammonia smell). i've only stripped that once, but anticipate having to do it again. he's never had a rash, fyi.

    blogger wouldn't let me post this comment with my account; so, my name is carson. your oldest and my son are very close in age, and i live in cherokee co. good luck with the dipes and your precious young men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're liking them!! Right now we're using (and loving) Crunchy Clean. Charlie's worked great for us when we had a top loading washer, but did NOT cut it with the front-loader like the CC does.

    I've only stripped my diapers once, and only then from some diaper rash cream residue. You definitely won't have to do it until he's older and not often if you use a good CD detergent.

    ReplyDelete