Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Small Vent for My Sanity..........

For the past 2 weeks I have been stuck in the house & feel like I am going to have a breakdown of some sort any minute.  Brayden managed to catch a pretty bad cold right before Christmas & it kicked into overdrive the day after Christmas & Colton managed to catch it & his kicked into overdrive on new years eve.  we had no plans for new years eve (just sushi & a movie here at the house) but this isn't the way I wanted to start the new year either.

I am very thankful that we enjoy a fabulous Christmas & both boys were healthy but I need them both to get over this cold & be 100% again like YESTERDAY.  This may sound horrible but I am tired of snotty noses, crying, whining, runny poops because of medicine, sleepless nights BUT mainly I miss my happy go lucky little guys.  Their smiles have been few & far between & when we have a bad/long day that always makes it better so without it I feel like I am in hell..................oh yeah & did I mention I have now managed to catch the cold too??

I took Colton to the doctor & of course they told me that he "just had a cold" & "we would have to let it run it's course"............this was after 3 nights of sleeping holding Colton in the recliner while he semi sleep so I just had a breakdown once we got back into the car.  I guess a part of me want him to have something that required antibiotics so that there would be a light at the end of the tunnel but alas in there eyes he was "fine". Both of the boys have had severely bad coughs & runny noses & have had many a restless night which means momma has too.

I am tired & grumpy & just want my children to return to their happy healthy selves ASAP!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Hope they get better soon! I totally know how your feeling though, hang in there hopefully it won't last much longer

    ReplyDelete