Monday, October 19, 2009

Brayden's Poor Belly......

So, Brayden is now on soy formula because they think he has a milk allergy & I knew that his little belly would probably need some time to adjust to the soy but holy hell was he a grumpy young man this weekend!! We started the soy last Thursday afternoon after his doctor's appointment & Friday he was happy as usual although I did notice his poop was a bit hard both times that day.....the reason I know this so well is because I had to collect it for the doctor to test...YUCK!!

Anyway, he went to bed Friday night as usual & then Saturday we spent the day shopping with JuJu & he was so good the whole time we were at the mall & OH MY GOODNESS the clothes & hats we got for him......I will have to post pictures as he wears them :) We got home from the mall about 3 & he was getting a bit fussy but I thought he was just tired but as the night went on I could tell his little belly cramping & his little poops were not normal.....he was straining so hard & all that was coming out was little marble shaped hard nuggets. I felt so bad for him but once he would get a little bit out he would seem to feel better so I was sure that the "big one" was coming & once it did he would feel soooo much better.....well it is Monday afternoon @ 2:51 & the "big one" still has not come!!

We were going to go to dinner Saturday with Lance's parents but when I was putting Brayden in his car seat he let out the worst most painful squeal I had ever heard so I took him out of the seat, gave him his bath & rocked him until he fell asleep. He slept for a few hours & then would be up for about 2 hours & then would fall back asleep & so on & so on......

Yesterday we had some friends over to watch the Giants game (which sucked) & poor Baby Brayden was having the worst day he has ever had. All he wanted was for me to hold him.....so I did & then once he would fall asleep I would lay him down & get about a 30 minute break & then he was up fussing & straining again & it was so sad & heart breaking to watch. I broke out into tears last night at about 6 because I felt like a horrible mom; he was in so much pain & there was nothing I could do to help him....it was his colic times 10. It is just so sad to open his diaper & pray that there is more than just 1 little marble sized nugget in there!!!

He was up & down all night last night again so today I am exhausted (Lance had a bad stomach ache himself so he couldn't help much last night), trying to work & also trying to take care of my poor little man who still can't get the "big one" out of his little booty!! I love him so much & just keep praying that tonight he will get some good rest tonight & finally have a good bowel movement! Keep your fingers crossed for him!!

Brayden & I spend a good bit of Sunday in this chair.....




Brayden in his new sweatpants....



Brayden's 1st pair of jeans & love this hat to death, but as you can see he is not happy at all!!

1 comment:

  1. The photos are SO cute! And I'm so sorry that he is feeling so badly! Keeping my fingers crossed that his belly feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete