Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So Maybe It's Not Apple Juice.....

Poor little man is still in pain & still has not pooped anything other than marble sized hard nuggets...GRRRRR!!! He is home with his daddy today & if he still hasn't gone by the time he wakes again I am going to have Lance go to the store & get him some prune juice. The doctor said that was an option yesterday but I thought that might be a little to harsh on Brayden but now I have changed my mind all together!!! I feel so bad for him & just pray that he feels better very soon!!

On that note, I am having a hard time finding balance in my new mommy life. I am so tired all the time & I just feel like I don't take care of little man, the pups or Lance the way that I need too. I love them all so much & just feel like I am doing everything half ass because I am exhausted! It is amazing to have Brayden here at work with me but taking care of him & trying to work at the same time is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

I know that the last few days have been tough because he is having his belly issues but I just feel like it is always something & is always going to be something....he is a baby & that is just the way that it is. When I am doing work I feel like I am neglecting Brayden & when I am playing & taking care of Brayden I am neglecting my job. Then at home I don't have time or opportunity to show the pups much attention lately & I don't even really see Lance anymore. By the time he gets home from work at 8:30 both Brayden & I are dead asleep; I try to wake up when I hear him come in but I can only manage to say hey & tell him I love & miss him very much.

What do I do?? Lance says that I should just quite but we decided when I was told that I could bring Brayden to work with me that I wouldn't even consider doing that until he was about 6 months old. By the time he is 6 months old we figured we could have money a good bit of money in savings "just in case" something happened...I mean the economy stinks & we can't trust that things won't get worse before they get better & if Lance lost his job we would be screwed!!!

I don't know what to do & I am just starting to feel like a bad mother (to Brayden & the pups), wife & caregiver to my family all together....

7 comments:

  1. You aren't a bad mother, and I think every new mom goes through this especially early on. I think it's tough to try to work and do everything around the house, so you are always tired and irritable. :) It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't a bad mother- this happens to LOTS of babies. Chatham went through this and our pedi said to give him Pedi-alax.
    On the box it says for ages 2-5, so our pedi said to give him a 1/4 of a dose. It is a rectal inserted tube (it comes with "gel" on it; but I added more vasaline just to be safe)
    It helped A LOT!!!
    I would ask your pedi if that would be something worth trying. I found it next to the bandaids at our Target.
    Hope he gets well soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the prune juice is the trick! do not feel like a bad mommy!! that happens to babies all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about feeling like you aren't doing enough for anyone in the family. When I do housework I feel like I'm neglecting the baby, when I stay up with her all night I'm too tired to hang out with my hubby, and our dog JUST now got to start coming back in the house :( It'll get better... and as far as the poop thing goes - let me know how things work out. Addison STILL hasn't pooped and we're going on 5 days today. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, things do get better. Somehow you learn to manage everything and keep up with everyone. It's pretty hard in the beginning when your baby is still little. I too felt the same way but as she got bigger it got easier. Hang in there.

    I hope the constipation goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to find that 'perfect' balance is almost impossible, but you will soon find a balance that will work. Good luck and I hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your feelings are universal for new moms. You've just had a huge life change! I still haven't found balance, and every time I think I might have the hang of it, the routine changes and I'm back to square one. I haven't been able to settle in yet!

    Tomorrow's post is about this very thing! :)

    I hear you on the topic of work. I can't write too much about it on my blog because some of my colleagues read it, but it's exhausting to work while simultaneously taking care of the babe. Even when my husband is home, or the nanny. Roscoe still needs me (and my boobs) so much.

    It's impossible to give work, house, baby, husband, pets, and self 100%. I've picked my top priorities and do the best I can.

    Everyone says it gets better...still waiting!! :)

    ReplyDelete