Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tummy Time.....

The only way I can get Brayden to lay on his tummy for more than a minute or two is if he is snoozing on my chest & that I have only been able to get his to do a few times.
I am trying to find different ways to get him to like being on his belly, but nothing seems to work or even help. I get on the floor with him, have things for him to look at while he is down there, talk to him in a voice that usually makes him smile & nothing....after about a minute he is done & on the verge of a full blown meltdown & I don't want him to hate it that much so I roll him on his back when I see that about to happen & try to stop the crying event that is about to happen.

The stress that I have over this is INSANE & the first step I am taking in the hopes that it helps us is laying him on his side when he naps!! My thought process about this is he is half way to being on his belly, he is off of his back & there is less chance of him getting Plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome)....this really freaks me out. But it still doesn't help with the fact that he won't do tummy time & if he doesn't do his tummy time then how is he ever going to roll over & eventually crawl??

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get Brayden to like being on his tummy??