Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rolling Over In His Crib.....

& getting stuck is Brayden latest accomplishment. It just started to happen last night & I tried not to laugh when I looked at the monitor to see why he was screaming but it happened 13 times last night so I had to laugh to keep myself from crying.

It seemed like overnight Brayden became a pro at rolling from his back to his belly (he wasn't doing it like this on Monday)......the problem with that is that he gets stuck! He hasn't quite figured out how to flip back over so he just gets mad/frustrated & screams so of course momma to the rescue goes into his nursery & flips him over & then he just does it again.......WHAT DO I DO?? He seems to want to be on his belly but he hasn't really ever slept on his belly so maybe he is scared.....how am I supposed to figure out what he wants?? Oh yeah & the whole time that he is doing this last night he is asleep....I mean dead to the world asleep. I would flip him over, put his pacifier in his mouth & he would quite down & start snoring. It really was cute!!

What I did figure out is that if I put a rolled up blanket by his leg he can't flip over......yes I know that there are not supposed to be ANY blankets in his crib yet but after getting up for the 13th time at 1am I was tired & needed to get some sleep so I did the only thing I could think of.

There are only so many books that you can read about a baby & what to expect.....I guess I am just learning as I go but some of these things really scare me & are happening so fast! He is growing up so fast & it kind of makes me sad.....

2 comments:

  1. he is a rolling man! 13 times! hehe

    have a happy thanksgiving hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love these boys and the fact that they keep mommies up all night! :) About the blanket, I do the same thing with Eli, I have been doing it for a while and he is fine so don't worry about it. What I actually do is roll up two recieving blankets and put one on each side of his lower belly and upper legs (If that makes sense, if not I can send you a pic) Kinda like a sleep posistioner. This seems to keep him snuggled too since I put them close to his body, I think he thinks he is swaddled.

    ReplyDelete