Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just A Small Vent........

I know that I am a new mother; my son is only 6 months old & he is my first child so I am learning as I go HOWEVER why do people still feel the need to tell me what I am doing with MY child is wrong?? People started doing this when I was pregnant & it would drive me bonkers then but now it makes me absolutely insane when people look at me & say "just let him cry" or "what are you doing that for?"........WHY do I have to let my son cry?? WHY is that the ONLY way?? WHY????

Brayden has been waking up a few times a night & we let him whine/cry for no more than 5 minutes before I go in, give him his paci, turn on his aquarium & then he quites down & is back asleep in no time at all. Yes I am tired but he is my son & I am there to take care of him & give him what he needs.....even if it is at 11pm, 1am & 3am. I don't mind doing it & I am sure if he could find his paci on his own he would but he is only 6 months old & I am his mother & I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!!! I didn't ask for your advice........actually your rude ass started the conversation by telling me how tired I looked (FYI people don't want to hear that) & I just told you why I was a bit tired & you decided to then insult me again & make me feel like a bad mom by doing what I think is best for MY son!!!

People need to realize that we are all different & we all have different views & ways of parenting & just because my way is not your way doesn't make my way bad or wrong.........& that is all I have to say about that!!!

9 comments:

  1. It would be different if you were asking for suggestions. I live by a don't ask, don't tell policy and I think everyone else should too. If you don't "ask me" for my opinion, I don't "tell you." Just ignore them...keep on doing what you're doing. You'll know when it's time, if it ever even is, to try some sort of sleep training. Who knows? More than likely he will just start waking up less and less...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said this better myself! It is very frustrating when people give you un-wanted advice. If you want their opinion or advice, you'll ask for it!

    Sleep will eventually get better. This is what I'm telling myself anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling the same way lately. As long as your little man is happy and healthy, you are doing the best job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. People need to keep their mouth shut. It's your baby, your decision, your choice, etc. You are a great mom, try to just nod and smile when someone gives you that annoying unsolicited advice (oh wait, was that annoying unsolicited advice right there? lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, sorry to hear that hun :(
    no one can tell you how to be a mom.
    you are a great momma and you have such a happy little baby to prove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies; I really appreciate all the sweetness coming my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS MITZI!!!! I couldn't agree more with this post. I just so happen to be going through so troubles with my in laws who watch Cooper during the day. They are constantly trying to parent over me. It upsets me more than I can even begin to explain. Worst of all I can't even blog about it because my husbands aunt reads my blog. So I talk to my mom and friends about it and my husband is always really understanding. But I completely agree with you. YOU, Y-O-U MITZI are the mother, it is your decision what is done with YOUR son and no one elses. Helpful criticism isn't needed unless you personally ask for it.

    Ahhh it just pisses me off talking about it. Thats how much I feel what your going through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also agree with you. My FIL was trying to tell me that we'd "break down" eventually and just let him cry. I told him that it's not in our plan and as his parents we don't mind getting up with him in the night to soothe him to sleep. It's such a short time that they need that, why now be there?

    ReplyDelete