Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sleep Baby....PLEASE Sleep!!

As I sit here typing I am praying that Brayden will sleep better tonight than he has this past week; I am not sure what has changed but my good sleeper has become an up every 2-3 hours baby boy. B has always woken up & whined a few times a night for his paci but has always gone right back to a good deep sleep once I gave it to him. I have never minded getting up those few times a night that he needed me but now he is waking up & not going back to sleep; he is waking up either in a good mood & ready to play or crying & upset for no less than an hour........either way it has made for a very long week & a very tired momma!! I am going to TRY to let him cry it out tonight & see how it goes..........

2 comments:

  1. We went through this with Nolan. I made sure it wasn't teething before spending 5 days of letting him CIO. It's hard on everyone, but I swear that it does work. It has worked WONDERS for us all.

    What we did was: when he cries the 1st time, go into his room comfort him w/o picking him up. We would only spend like 2 minutes in there. Left the room; let him CIO for 10 minutes, go in & comfort, let him cry again for 10 mins, go in & comfort and so on. After about an hour, we'd pick him up and comfort him for a few minutes, then put him back down. That usually did the trick.

    There was one night where he was up for 2 hours & he wasn't happy, but we stuck to our plan. The next morning he was a happy as could be then he slept great that night!

    Good luck!!

    ps...I voted!!!

    ReplyDelete