Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Monday........

was a disaster I all day I just wanted to crawl back into bed BUT it was still better to be home with our little guy than to be working :)

I think that Brayden is getting a tooth so he has been having belly issues & also waking up throughout the night; he has been putting himself back to sleep all on his own but not Sunday night.  He was screaming bloody murder at 3am so I went in to check on him & once I picked him up, changed him (the night before he peed right through his diaper so I thought I should change it so he can maybe sleep in later that morning) & then started rocking him he was quited down but seemed wide away so I rocked him for a while just to make sure he was alright.  I laid him back down & he went back to sleep around 4am; I had my alarm set so I could get up & get bunch of stuff done before he was up again but slept right through it (which I NEVER do) & therefore Lance got up late for work & the day was off to a horrible start!!

Lance got out the door & B & I were not too far behind.  We were off to bank, the grocery store & Costco & then home in time for lunch & nap.............or so I thought!!  I was driving down the road like always & when I turned to check on B he had something all over his face; I thought it was spit up or throw up but as I looked closer at him it was POOP!!  His diaper blew out & he was playing in it & apparently eating it too!  It was so gross but I couldn't pull over just yet so when I got to the bank I stopped the car got his diaper & clothes changed & cleaned him using a whole thing of wipes, I pulled the padding part of his car off since it too was covered in poop & then wiped the straps off & we were on our way again.  I was frazzled at this point but I was hell bent on getting our errands run.  Oh yeah & I did give him some juice to wash his mouth out with!!

We got to Kroger & I realized that I forgot his snack when he started to get really fussy so I had to buy & open some Cheerios's & gave him those to calm him down.  By the end of this I was done & just headed home; we did lunch & then laid him down for a nap a bit early since I could tell he was just exhausted.  I started another load of laundry & then jumped in the shower & started to relax & feel better but then about 45 minutes later he was up crying!  I thought he would put himself back to sleep but I was wrong; he only slept an hour so the rest of the day he was a tired mess.  He went down early last night & I just wanted to crash myself but it was Lance's 33rd Birthday so I wanted to make his birthday dinner as of Meatloaf & Loaded Mashed as requested.

We ate dinner & just laughed about the day & were in bed by 9pm; it was a crazy day but I was happy that at the end of it all I had my healthy little boy snoring & my another year older hubby right beside me & I felt like the luckiest woman on the face of the earth!!!

6 comments:

  1. I was literally tearing up while I read this! It can be hard at times believe me, but it's great to know that at the end of the day even after all that you feel like the luckiest women in the world! Great way to keep it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry things were not so good for you guys. Poor baby, he sounds like he's just not feeling well. Teething I've heard can cause all sorts of issues. I can only imagine how horrible it must be. I hope he gets to feeling better and that today was better for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your day :-(

    I couldn't imagine finding poop all over...I would have been a flustered too. Way to handle it and move on with your day.

    Sounds like you had the perfect ending to a rough day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diaper blowouts!! Ahhhh, you are bringing back so many memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG gross haha!!! Gianna had a big blow out at church a couple of months ago. Nick didn't even notice it until he lifted her from his lap & poop was covering & dripping from his slacks!

    ReplyDelete