Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prayers Please.......

I have struggled about posting about this because I tend to hold stuff that makes me really get emotional inside, bound up tightly so no one sees me upset. My sister had a brain tumor & went through & is still going through a very long remission process & now my uncle is having to go through I think his 3rd surgery for his cancer & I am just going to ask that everyone say a little prayer for them both.

My sister is in remission but the radiation, chemo, removal surgery & the brain tumor itself took it's toll on her; I love her with all my heart & pray that she stays in remission for ever but I guess my biggest fear is that she won't & we will lose her before she gets old & gray!!

My Uncle (my mom's sister's husband) has been battling cancer for a while now & just last week went through a very long surgery & chemo procedure.  The Cytoreduction (Debulking) Surgery takes about 12 hours to preform & is done to remove the "bulk" of the tumors.  While the surgery was being preformed they also preformed Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) which is supposed to take care of all of the smaller tumors that can't be seen just by looking.  This a a sentence from the website link.......doesn't it sound pleasant?

 A slang phrase used for this combination debulking surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy treatment is "shake and bake"; "shake" referring to the swishing around of the chemotherapy solution in the abdomen while in surgery and "bake" referring to the higher temperature of the chemotherapy solution. 

My uncle is doing well & hopefully will be getting all the tubes removed today but if you could please take a moment & say a prayer for him & my sister as well I would appreciate it.

15 comments:

  1. A prayer has been sent upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending prayers and positive vibes your way for your sister and uncle ... and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying so much! And praying for you to let go and hand it over to the Lord :) He has a plan for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Mitzi, keep your head up and stay strong! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Remember that the power of positive thinking goes far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definately be praying Mitzi! Hang in there, and stay possitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you...Let me know if there is anything that you need or anything we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! I'll definitely keep them in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll definitely be praying for your family. Stay positive, everything will be ok. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im so sorry I will def be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers your way. I'm so so sorry. I cannot even imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear that your sister and uncle are having to go through this. Its terrible for them and for those who love them.
    I will most definitely keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will be praying for your family... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been so behind on reading blogs lately, but I will be praying for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete