Sunday, April 3, 2011

35 Weeks ; Only 5 More To Go



Baby's now the size of a honeydew!

From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.  
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 
Total weight gain: 25.5 lbs.
Cravings: spicy foods & mexician as well but I am not as hungry as I used to be so I guess I have less room in there
Sleep: I sleep about 4 hours a night so it stinks
I can't live without: my boppy pillow; when I do sleep I have to have it to get comfortable
I miss: peeing like a normal person; I am to the point right now where if I have to go I better get my booty to the bathroom
I am looking forward to: OB Tour on Tuesday & I can't wait to see the maternity photos that CK Photography took yesterday (I will be posting the ones from last Sunday hopefully tonight or tomorrow)
Milestones: we are now at weekly appointments
Exercise: I didn't do much of anything this past week because I was exhausted, the weather sucked, & I just didn't feel like it but I will get back into the groove of things
Diet:  I am not really hungry so when I a making myself eat I am eating very well; compared to earlier in my pregnancy; lots of fresh fruits & veggies
Maternity Clothes:  pants yes - shirts a mixture
Movement: he is a mover & shaker!!
Gender: Boy; Colton
Labor Signs: braxton hicks
Belly Shots: 






2 comments:

  1. You look great Mitzi! I too love the boppy, I don't think I could have been preggers without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the name you picked for him :)

    ReplyDelete