Friday, April 17, 2009

24 Week Check Up......



Let me start this by saying that Brayden is healthy & his heartbeat was 158 & he even woke up & moved around for the doctor so she said that he is doing great & everything is progressing nicely with Brayden.....me on the other hand; I am another story. I have gained 6 lbs. since my last visit; this puts me at a total weight gain of 23 lbs.....so needless to say I got the "you need to watch what you are eating better" lecture from the doctor today & it didn't really make me happy. When I first found out that I was pregnant they told me that I was under weight & I needed to gain weight to make sure that the baby & I were both healthy & I am sure that they didn't mean to eat the way I have been over that last week (we went on vacation & my sweet tooth has really kicked in) but I don't think that I have been doing that bad. The picture in this blog is me today....23 lbs heavier than I was 25 weeks & 3 days ago! Which by the way I am 25 weeks & not 24 weeks so if I was to only gain 1 lb. per week & it has been 5 weeks & not 4 I am only 1 lb over what I should have gained this last month right?? But I guess even that logic doesn't mask the fact that I have gained 23 TOTAL lbs & she said I should have only gained a total of 15 lbs all together.....THIS SUCKS!! I was looking forward to going to the doctor today & don't get me wrong; I loved hearing Brayden's strong heartbeat & is doing well & he is healthy but to hear that I need to watch my food intake & weight is kind of depressing & it's not like I wasn't already having a really emotional day!! Veggies here I come....watch out!!