Monday, June 28, 2010

90-Day Budget Boot Camp

I’m Budget Boot Camp Challenger!

Beth & Clair have put together a challenge that I could not pass up!  Lance & I have been talking, fighting & discussing our budget for a while now & this seemed like the perfect thing to give our budgeting skills a much needed jump start!  We have a lot going on right now & all of these the things are affecting our bottom line budget on a day to day basis; I promise that I will blog about everything very soon but just can't right at this moment!

Lance & I do take our lunches most of the time during the week but when he has a night off we get lazy & order in or go out to dinner & it always disgusts me when the check comes!  We tend to really over spend on things that we don't really need on the weekends & I have to admit he & I both love to shop; whether it be for me, him, B, the house, the dogs..........we can find a way to always spend way to much money on the weekend days & I would really love to get a better handle on that.  I do our grocery shopping on Saturdays but need to get better at writing out our list because I seem to have to go to the store at least 2-3 times during the week.  I don't use coupons & I know that they help, I do a little comparison shopping but not like I should, over all I think that this is going to be a great way for Lance & I to both learn how to really save & budget!!

I am excited to get started on our budgeting & will keep you guys updated with how it is all going!

4 comments:

  1. I totally know how this goes. We seem to be the same really good during the week. Then the weekend we explode with spending. Also, I'm the same with grocery shopping. I wing it on saturday's and then go back in forth between the grocery store another 3 times a week. I'm interested in seeing what your game plan is.. I need help too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to give this a try too! I really want to get our spending under control, we are a lot like you guys it sounds! Plus with my 1 yr mat leave we have had a huge loss in income!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sar, let me know if you'd like to particpate, there's a badge you can take for your blog and follow along too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in, too! Can't wait to follow you along on this journey!

    ReplyDelete