Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday.......


I write this with a heavy heart, a clouded brain & tears in my eyes.  I snapped at Brayden yesterday morning.....I told him to "stop" really loudly & you know what he did??  He tilted his perfect little head/face, looked me in the eyes & smiled!!  He is such a sweet & good little boy & I snapped at him because I was having a bad morning...........what is wrong with me??  Will he remember me doing it??  If he does will he forgive me??

As I drove into work crying & conversing with God I asked for forgiveness & help to control my frustration; I mean how could I snap at my 10 month old (as of today) child??  I prayed for Brayden to have a good day & for him to still love me when I picked him up from school. I prayed that he would always know that I love him & I think my prayers were answered because when I walked into his school he saw me he started laughing & reached for me & as I picked him up he gave me the biggest hug ever!!

I am thankful for:
44.  the unconditional love I receive from my son daily; he truly is a perfect gift from God
45. our newly decorated kitchen table....
46.  my daily converstaion/prayers with God
47.  the s'more recipe shared by Lauren @ laurensblog.greenfamily - you should really try them & SOON!
48.  spending a day at home with Brayden & never getting out of my pajamas
49.  Naked Baby Skin
 
50.  Sophie; I swear he is going to have a mouth full of teeth in a week or less!!


What are you thankful for??
Head over to the Tarr Pit to link up!!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list. I love a day to spend in my pj's too. The pictures are adorable!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Alysha and I for Thankful on a Thursday! I wish I could spend all day in my pajamas but I don't think my boss would go for that! And you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for naked baby skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Thankful list. I'm thankful for my sweet little angel baby boy and my amazing family :) So much more as well but those are big ones.

    Sorry to hear that you were upset with yourself. The fact that you felt bad and prayed about ways to have more patience shows what an amazing mom you are. Braden most definitely loves you and always will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!Babies are just so forgiving aren't they? I think we could all take some lessons from them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetheart! I'm sorry you are upset with yourself but definitely try not to beat yourself up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think even the most patient of mothers has a breaking point. And, often, we tend to vent at those closest to us. It happens, and it will probably happen again. We are human, we are imperfect, and the best thing we can do is to forgive our selves and to keep praying for patience and strength. You have a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete