Thursday, September 2, 2010

Being A SAHM Mom ROCKS!!!

Last Thursday was my last day of work & I am officially a SAHM now & LOVE it; thank you to my wonderful husband for making all of my dreams come true!!  I love spending my days with Brayden & watching him grow, play, talk up a storm & even nap.  Yes this week I have caught myself watching him when he is napping; he is so peaceful & adorable when he is sleeping & I can't help but stare at him!  I mean look at him..........isn't he so cute curled up with his favorite cow???
I have to admit that I need to find more activities for us to do during the day though; I feel like he gets bored with the same ol' toys & doing the same ol' routine too so if anyone has any suggestions of fun things for Brayden & I to do we would love to hear them!!

We play outside as much as we can in the mornings before it gets too hot & I can't wait for early fall to arrive so we can play outside in the afternoons as well.  I think that he would run around in the back yard with the dogs all day everyday & NEVER get bored with it.  He loves to play on his slide that his Grams & Puddy got him for his birthday
& also loves to go to the little neighborhood park we have but it is still so hot in the afternoons after his nap & we have absolutely no shade at all in our backyard so I can't let him go out there for more that 5-10 minutes before he is hot, sweaty & the other day even got a heat rash.
We have also been going to the pool some afternoons & he loves that too but I need more ideas & things for us too do.................


Just a little FYI too.........Brayden is going to be 13 months old tomorrow & I feel like we just had his 1st Birthday last week!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you're loving your time at home with Brayden!

    I struggle with the same thing: trying to keep the boys active & busy. little boys have LOTS of energy to blow off, don't they?!
    Our mall has a kiddy play area that the boys enjoy running around in. Sometimes though, if it's too crowded, I skip it and the boys are just content to people-watch as I walk them through the mall. We spend a lot of time at the mall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out your local library too....sometimes they have story time, and even though he is a little young to sit for it, he can still benefit by interacting with other kids and watching those around him. Barnes & Noble does something similar too.

    What a blessing that you get to be at home with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! and yay for getting to stay at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous....But, also SO happy that you're enjoying your time with him! He is such an adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, i am so happy for you that you get to be a SAHM with your little guy!!! maybe there is some kind of group you can join or set up play dates so he can have interaction with other little ones.
    i am sure he is loving every minute he gets to spend with you hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great! I know what you mean about how they seem to get a little bored though. I try to make sure we have an activity planned each day...story or music time at the local libraries, swim class, play group, etc... try to hook up with a mothers group in your area. I joined one with my daughter was 3 weeks old and we still get together every Wednesday for playgroup. We just took a photo of all 8 babies with birthday hats on since the last of them just turned one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's the best job ever! Aww too bad we don't live there anymore...

    ReplyDelete