Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our New Living Room!!

Lance has been wanting a new sofa for a while now & I kept telling him that the one we had was still in great shape & it made no sense to go out & spend the money on a new one......I mean the one we had was only 3 years old & sofas last a lot longer than that right?? Yeah, the sofa was a big sectional & the spots that Lance & I sat in all the time on the sofa needed to be re stuffed but I was perfectly content with the way it fit in our living room.........



Lance kept bringing up the sofa so about 2 weeks ago he convinced me to at least go to the American Signature Furniture near the our house to "just look".......needless to say our new sofa


& my new beautiful blue chair were delivered this past Saturday!!
& I love the way they make our living room look. We have so much room & space in there now. American Signature got everything set up & then they gave me a $50 off coupon (you have to spend $100) so Brayden, my MIL & I went there too look for a little table to go beside the chair & found this one. I LOVE it!!I & doesn't it look great beside my beautiful chair??

American Signature is right near the TJ Maxx Home Goods store & my MIL & I never pass up a chance to go in & see what they have plus I had to find a small pillow to put in the blue chair. We found a pillow that would fit it perfectly & also found this chair......

& not only does it fit perfectly beside the TV BUT it was discounted from $325 to $120 so who could pass up a deal like that?? It is more decretive than anything but it can be pulled over to the sofa for extra seating anytime we need it!!


The pillow in the decretive chair came from Pier 1 Imports & I know that it is fru fru but I LOVE it!! While at Pier 1 we also found these little votive candle holder that we put behind the sofa. We originally had this shelf because we didn't have coffee or end tables with our other sofa so we would put the remotes & stuff behind us.


All in all I think that the room looks great & is very comfortable; it works for us & for Brayden. Brayden has plenty of room to move around in & eventually crawl & walk too. The space if baby friendly because there aren't really hard corners or surfaces & the few that we do have can be baby proofed pretty easily. We did sell our old sofa on Craig's List so we did get some of our money back which was a huge plus too. I think I am just trying to make myself feel better about giving in to this purchase (& the many others that followed) but it turned out better than I expected & even our little man approved so I guess we made the right choice!!!


14 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so nice together, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new room!! It's so classy yet cozy!! Good Job!!! Also, I love that picture of the cheesy smilin' boy at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks AWESOME! Love the blue chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words! I just took a look through your blog and you have one of the cutest little boys in the world! He will be a heart breaker! OH and I LOVE your living room, it looks great! I hope you have a great day and rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new room...both of the chairs are SO awesome in the room! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! I LOVE IT and it really looks fantastic! The color combos are perfect together. I have been trying to convince Rob that we 'need' a new sofa as well...Maybe I'll have to show him your photos as some leverage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You have a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your living room hun!! it turned out great!! love the chairs and that little table!! i want one of those types of chairs now!
    i have that canvas in my bedroom that you have above your fireplace! ;)
    the whole living room looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your living room!! I see that I'm not the only one that watches the Juliana show :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I L-O-O-O-O-O-O-OVE your new furniture. So beautiful. I want some now. I have been wanting a new couch set for years now.
    It looks awesome. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and I just love that picture of little Mr. Brayden. He's such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I lovf that blue chair!

    ReplyDelete