Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something Is Wrong & I Don't Know How To Fix It!!

I having been having issues with my self image lately & am not really sure how to get over it; I am 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight but I just feel very uneasy with the way I look especially naked. I may only have 5 more pounds to go but I just feel like everything is different & in different places on my body!

I swear that everything just looks different, my skin looks awful & I can't seem to moisturize it enough, my hair is falling out by the clump, my face keeps breaking out, I swear the amount of cottage cheese in my legs & around my belly tripled from what it was before.....I just feel like I look disgusting!!

My legs (right leg is worse than my left) are awful with spider veins & some varicose veins, my thighs are bigger for some reason & I am having trouble with losing the last 5......which is collected around my belly, butt & thigh area I am sure. Lance says that I am more beautiful thaN ever & doesn't even see what I am talking about & when I talk to Brayden about it I tell him how worth it, it all is but "mommy wishes to have her old body back" sometimes........What is my problem & why can't I just get over it?? I have a wonderful loving husband that I depriving of sex because of how yucky I feel & I have a wonderfully perfect little boy that loves me no matter what I look like so why can't I shake this feeling?

I have been working out more lately in the hopes that I will wake up one morning, look in the mirror & actually like what I see again but until that happens I will just continue to pray...I will ask God to help me not be so damn vain (for lack of a better word) & to help me NOT worry about my outer appearance everyday; I pray for him to help me find the inner happiness I had with myself & my body before our wonderful son was born........WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??

8 comments:

  1. I think we all struggle with how we look post-baby. We are our own worst critics! Try not to get down on yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Nothing Wrong with you, we always critize ourselves so much, and its ok to feel this way specially after a baby. Try not to be to hard on yourself. It took nine months to get like this and sometimes it doesnt all go away right away. Im still struggling with my last 10lbs as well. Keep up the good work and Im sure you will see results soon.

    P.S you have a beautiful family; Brayden is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is absolutley nothing wrong with you!! You are beautiful!!! I can understand what you are feeling though. It's hard to accept your new 'post' baby body....you want what you used to have... But, you sometimes have to step back and think (and I do this at times) what your body just went thru and it helped create your beautiful perfect boy, so it was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, it will be ok! I too, have had some of these same issues, but I wouldn't change it for the world! Like the pp said, it took 9 months to get there, it will take at least that long for you to feel "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else. There's nothing wrong with you! I haven't had a baby yet but have too stuggled with body image & I can only imagine how it must feel after a baby. Don't beat up on yourself too much, he's only 4months old & it took 9 months for your body to go through all that change, so give it longer to get back to normal. Like you said, you have a hubby & an adorable son that love you & should not worry about a thing :)
    (easier said than done I'm sure)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going through the same thing! I'm even 3lbs under my pre-preggo weight and I HATE the way I look in the mirror. I think part of my problem was that I felt totally beautiful pregnant (even though I was HUGE) and so now I just don't feel special :( I just started exercising again and I try to take little more time to do my hair and make-up but I think all I really need is time.... I'm hoping by the time baby is a year I will feel like a hot mamma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think everyone goes through this, and I have a feeling that I'll feel the same way! I'm worried and anxious, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! I'll definitely be able to share in these feelings with you though, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all struggle the older we get!

    I would like to award your blog with The Sunshine Award - awarded to bloggers who's positivity and creativity inspires others in the blog world. Check out my blog for the rules.

    http://mntrumbull.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete