Saturday, January 15, 2011

24 Weeks & Still a Papaya

Baby's still the size of a Papaya!

Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, his newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.  
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 (They told me today to expect to have to be induced with Colton since I was with Brayden; he didn't show any signs that he was going to come on his own & I was induced at 41 weeks)
Total weight gain: 14 lbs. (no gain this past week......WOO HOO)
Morning Sickness: none
Cravings: still spicy food & sweets but I have managed to get my sweet tooth under control
Sleep: I have no idea what it is like to get more than 4 hours a night
I can't live without: my snoogle pillow
I miss: being able to use the restroom like a normal person
I am looking forward to: we are ordering his nursery furniture this weekend & have narrowed down his bedding to 2 different styles
Milestones: just feeling him move on a daily basis
Exercise: things have been crazy with all of the snow but I have managed to do my prenatal pilate's video 3 times this past week
Diet: See it & Eat it........
Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing a mixture of regular & maternity shirts but am wearing all maternity pants unless they are my comfy pants & then I am just turning the waist bands down so that they are more comfortable.
Movement: YES & loving it
Gender: Boy; Baby Colton
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Shots: 




5 comments:

  1. What a cute baby bump!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I also wanted to let you know on the baby clothes giveaway,I think you left out the mandatory entry (favorite item) I don't want you to be disqualified if you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your bump! You're looking pretty amazing there, momma! Sorry you aren't getting much sleep. I imagine that there are probably a million things running through your head every night :( Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog! I really like what I've read so far. You looks so fabulous at 24 weeks! What an exciting time! Looking forward to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete