Monday, January 31, 2011

26 Weeks - Eggplant

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!

B
aby's soaking up your antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and he'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.  
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 
Total weight gain: 16 lbs.
Morning Sickness: none
Cravings: spicy everything, sweets & mexican food (the mexican makes me swell so not only I am trying to control my sweet tooth but my mexican tooth as well...........this stinks!!!) 
Sleep: getting a little better
I can't live without: water; I am very thirsty all the time
I miss: feeling attractive
I am looking forward to: ordering his bedding & my appt. next week
Milestones: only 98 days left to go........HOLY CRAP!!
Exercise: walking the mall 3-4 mornings a week - no pilates this past week......BOOO
Diet: I think I might have finally gotten over the "see-food" diet I have been on
Maternity Clothes:  pants yes - shirts a mixture still
Movement: he is quite the little mover & shaker so feeling him daily is the best feeling day in & day out!!
Gender: Boy; Colton Lee
Labor Signs: None
Belly Shots: 


2 comments:

  1. Aww an eggplant! I remember when Keating was an egg plant!! I think eggplant and lemon were my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Won't be too long now. =)

    ReplyDelete