Monday, October 25, 2010

Bed Time........

We have been struggling with Brayden's bed time for a while now; he was used to getting up so early when I was working (plus he was younger) that I was struggling to keep him up until 7.  Now that I am a SAHM I would love for him to sleep in in the mornings & stay up until 8 - 8:30 at night; plus with Lance's work schedule this would ensure that Lance would to be able to say good night to him every night & that would be great for both Lance & B.

He is great to go to bed at 7 most nights & I know that it is not just going to happen over night but if he keeps getting up early in the morning how can I keep him up later each night with out making he miserable?  Some nights we will be playing & having a good time & I will look at the clock & think "alright this is going to be the night that we stay up later" but then this happens about 5 minutes later......






And then he is done & I swear it is no later than 7:01 pm.  He must have a little clock in his head that says........BEDTIME!!  I have tried pushing his bath time back & that has helped but some nights after he has eaten dinner & wanted to do it all by himself a bath is necessary right after dinner so that only works on occassion so I just feel stumped.  I would love any suggestions that you guys might have.