Monday, October 25, 2010

Bed Time........

We have been struggling with Brayden's bed time for a while now; he was used to getting up so early when I was working (plus he was younger) that I was struggling to keep him up until 7.  Now that I am a SAHM I would love for him to sleep in in the mornings & stay up until 8 - 8:30 at night; plus with Lance's work schedule this would ensure that Lance would to be able to say good night to him every night & that would be great for both Lance & B.

He is great to go to bed at 7 most nights & I know that it is not just going to happen over night but if he keeps getting up early in the morning how can I keep him up later each night with out making he miserable?  Some nights we will be playing & having a good time & I will look at the clock & think "alright this is going to be the night that we stay up later" but then this happens about 5 minutes later......






And then he is done & I swear it is no later than 7:01 pm.  He must have a little clock in his head that says........BEDTIME!!  I have tried pushing his bath time back & that has helped but some nights after he has eaten dinner & wanted to do it all by himself a bath is necessary right after dinner so that only works on occassion so I just feel stumped.  I would love any suggestions that you guys might have.

3 comments:

  1. Mitzi, I recommend Dr. Ferber's 2006 book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" about adjusting sleep schedules. You'll probably have a few un-fun days to keep him up longer to push his nap(s) later and subsequently his bedtime too, but it works! We had my son trained in less than 1 week with the method in that book after others didn't work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are adorable! Mason sleeps from 7:30-7:30. We have been trying to get him to stay up a little later (I'm a SAHM as well), but even if he happily stays up until 8:30, he will still wake up between 7-7:30am. So I'm interested to see some suggestions as well! But I thought I'd just say that you have a handsome little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just gotta suck it up and keep him up late. which means you're going to be playing with him for an hour or so lol. My little man still goes to sleep at 7pm EVERYDAY and he (when he was younger) would wake up at 6am sometimes. But now hes more likely to sleep in till 9am AAAhh no idea why but i really don't care lol.

    ReplyDelete