Saturday, March 5, 2011

31 Weeks ; Butternut Squash

Baby's now the size of a squash!

Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up 
anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)  This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy. 

~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 
Total weight gain: 21 lbs.
Cravings: spicy, spicy, spicy & of course sweets
Sleep: I have no idea what the meaning of this word is anymore
I can't live without: my body pillow
I miss: putting my shoes on without losing my breathe
I am looking forward to: getting his nursery organized & his bedding put in there this weekend 
Milestones: nothing major this week but I did hear his strong heartbeat Thursday at my appt.; 150's & strong!!
Exercise: walking 3 mornings a week & I have been walking our stairs every night
Diet:  I have been eating much better & have gotten on a health food kick; I have been trying to really cut back on sweets but some days are harder than others
Maternity Clothes:  pants yes - shirts a mixture
Movement: all day & night & it is the BEST feeling in the world
Gender: Boy; Colton Lee
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks started just yesterday
Belly Shots: (again I can't figure out why hubby takes such awful pictures)




Me at 31 Weeks with Brayden  


1 comment: