Saturday, March 12, 2011

; 32 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a squash!

Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. He's probably in the head-down position by now, with his bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for his body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make him eventual exit (only a few months away now!) much easier. (If he's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still 
time for a flip before birth.)  By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 
Total weight gain: 22 lbs.
Cravings: spicy, spicy, spicy & of course sweets
Sleep: stinks
I can't live without: my body pillow
I miss: sleep
I am looking forward to: my appt. next Thusday & getting  more done on his nursery 
Milestones: I am at the every 2 week appts so I am pretty excited about that
Exercise: walking 3 mornings a week & I have been walking our stairs every night
Diet:  my sweet tooth is back; I ate 2 snickers & 1 milky way yesterday & they weren't the fun sized ones :(
Maternity Clothes:  pants yes - shirts a mixture
Movement: all day & night & it is the BEST feeling in the world
Gender: Boy; Colton Lee
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks
Belly Shots: (hubbs was out so I did my photos myself........please excuse them)





4 comments:

  1. Looking great! Pretty soon now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or do you seem to be carrying fairly low??

    I can't live without my body pillow either. At 37w now, my poor husband gets woken up by me trying to roll over with the thing - groans, grunts, I even leant on him last night to lever myself over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyce: I am carrying low but I think I carried our 1st son the same way. Getting in & out of bed has become an issue for me but thankfully my hubby is a heavy sleeper & I don't seem to bother him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! Not too much longer ;-)

    ReplyDelete