Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunday Family Funday.........

Well that is what Sunday is supposed to be anyway; but this past Sunday Lance was busy most of the morning & all of the afternoon trying to get the boat ready to be shown & hopefully sold so we didn't get the family part for too much of the day but made the most of the morning.

I have mentioned before that B hasn't been sleeping well & Sunday was no exception; he was up at the bright & early 5:50am hour so he & I got an early start (since I was already up, showered & ready for the day to begin) & we let daddy sleep in a bit.  He & I played & colored & tried to patiently wait for daddy to wake up but when we could wait any more we decided that we would go upstairs & start some laundry; the laundry room is right near our bedroom & since B was going full force he was excited to be pushing buttons & helping which in turn woke Lance up (sneaky I know but I miss my hubbs).


Lance got up about 8 & we just chilled on the sofa & watched Toy Story; this is the only movie that B will sit through & we even have to fast forward through one sad part because he gets noticeably upset & even cries real tears!!  We enjoyed the morning together though & made the most out of the few hours that we had as a family.........



JuJu came over before B went down for his nap to visit & then Lance left to take the boat to the lake & double & triple check that all was good with it.  JuJu & I were just relaxing & talking when we heard him through the monitor.........he only slept for an hour.........ONE HOUR!!!  I thought that he would be grumpy but he was in a good mood & so off we went to run errands & then to meet PaPa for an early dinner.  We went to Babies R Us & Pier One (got some stuff to redo our dining room table & will post it's beauty later) & then we had a yummy dinner & then it was home to play & enjoy the amazingly beautiful weather outside.  I know that the cold weather is probably going to return but I really wish it wouldn't; being able to be outside makes both B & I very happy & seems to make the days fly by...........not to mention it wears his little booty out & that in turn helps with his sleeping!!

PaPa chased him around the back yard............



He & JuJu chilled out......... 

& made faces at each other........... 



& loved on each other............. 

 & then Mr. Independent just chilled all on his own............. 


I think that everyone had a great afternoon BUT we did miss Lance & wished that he was there!!  The good news is, is that we sold the boat & that means no boat payment, storage fees & no insurance will be paid monthly & that my friends was the whole purpose of getting rid of it.  People say the 2 best days that you will ever own a boat are the day you buy it & the day you sell it & although I will miss it & all the fun times that we had on it I will not miss paying those bills.  Besides I really couldn't see B enjoying it for another year or so & honestly I was most likely not going to get my post pregnant ass on it this year so maybe in a few years when both boys are older & have had many swim lessons we will revisit owning another one but for now I am going to enjoy the fact that we are this much closer to being debt free (that is another post all in it's self too).

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend..........

1 comment:

  1. Aww, your day looked awesome! And yay for selling the boat! I would love to see a post from you on how you managed to stay at home and continue to pay off debt since you mentioned it. I want to stay home, but I need some help with budget, paying off debt, etc. so Hubbs and I could work it out soon. I worry if I quit my job the debt would just float.

    ReplyDelete