Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stressed & Exhausted.........

We have been having the most amazing weather; it has been beautifully sunny, warm & so nice to play outside with B............that was until this past weekend when it decided to get cold & rain storm like crazy!!  When I say storm I mean the house would shake from the thunder & the lighting that came was like a light show; it could be seen through the blinds & curtains both being closed in our bedroom.  Of course all of the heavy rain & storming came during the night hours & thankfully B slept though it all (Lance & the pups did as well) but not me!

I am deathly afraid of thunder; I  have no idea why & don't really try to figure out the why I just wish that what ever the reason I could make it stop.  I HATE it & can't sleep if it is thundering so that means that I am 34.5 weeks pregnant, I have already been sleeping crappy & now the past 3 nights I have slept even worse & I didn't even think that was possible.  I guess I have to admit that last night I think I slept at least 4 hours straight because there was no storm but the 3 nights before that I think I maybe got an hour in here & there & that's about it.  I also have to throw in that Georgia is still getting up & down a good bit after her surgery Friday; I think that her UTI is slowly getting better now that the stones are gone but she is still up 3-4 times a night & of course wants to go potty when I have just dozed off!!

So needless to say I am exhausted from not sleeping & on top of that I just feel stressed; stressed about everything that seems to be going wrong these days.  I know that my stress in intensified because I am so tired but none the less it is there........always these day & I am tired of it!!  I just feel like nothing is going right for Lance & I right now & I am sick & tired of it.  I want to enjoy the last 5.5 (possibly 6.5) weeks of my pregnancy & not continue to feel this way.  I want to smile again & for a whole day (maybe even 2) & not just for a few minutes here & there while playing with B.  I want to look at my hubby & feel the love that he has in his huge heart NOT look at his forehead all wrinkled up from the stresses that we are going through.  I want to sleep.  I want to be able to let it all go, to give it to God knowing that it will all be alright because he has & always will take care of our family BUT for some reason I can't right now & that is making me feel even worse.

I feel sad that we are so blessed but can't find the joy right now..............I mean how can be feel this way when we have this to look at everyday.............
(he couldn't be happier with his 2 favorite things.......a "cup" & a ball)

& this little guy joining us in no time at all??? 

I hate this feeling & have to snap out of it!!  I am sorry for all of the complaining & am just going to leave this post by saying TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY!!!  

3 comments:

  1. You aren't alone...I am deathly afraid of thunder myself! I even still find myself crawling beneath the covers and curling up really close to the hubby on a stormy night! LOL!

    I'm sorry that you are so stressed out right now. When I get like this I always try to tell myself to let it go, it could always be worse!! Keep your head up Momma, there is always light at the end of the tunnel! Don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short!!!! I'm here for you if you ever just need to vent!!! Us Mommy's have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitzi, I've been praying for you all and will continue to pray. Have you heard of the book "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp? I haven't read it yet but follow her e-mail devotions everyday with snippets. Maybe that would be relaxing for you to pick up and encourage you to focus on the blessings, big and small, in every present moment. Many prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this weather definitely doesn't help anyone's mood I completely agree. I'm ready for the sunny happy days to return as well.
    I'll keep you guys in my prayers as well. I'm so sorry your having a difficult time.

    I do have to say though that the picture of Braden makes him look like such a big boy. What a cutie he is :) Your right such a blessing. God will get you through anything. My hubby and I have to remind each other sometimes that if we just look around at people we know or see or hear about that are having some terrible things going on and we just have to think about how we get to go home every night to each other, a love filled home and a beautiful baby boy who loves us more than words. Your right, we are so blessed.

    TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER A DAY! Yes it will.

    I'm going to pass this onto you. Anytime I'm having a really hard day or time my husband will save this for the worst of days. While I'm sitting at my desk feeling sorry for myself I get an email with this attachment. Go listen to it. For whatever reason it may make you laugh and cry at the same time (it always does me) but for whatever reason it peps me up and makes me come out of my funk. I hope it does the same for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4
    Its on loan for you today :)

    ReplyDelete