Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Has Sprung........

Although this past Saturday it was more like summer than spring.  We spent a wonderful Saturday morning outside enjoying the beautiful weather & then the warmer afternoon watching B's cousins play baseball.  He has such an great time with them & always loves to watch them play which ever sport it is that they are doing at that time.  I decided to do a little experimenting this wonderful day just to see how B would handle napping in the car; I feel like I am tied to his nap schedule sometimes & would love for both he & I to go do more things every once & awhile.  My child needs nap time for sure so if he didn't so so well napping in his stroller on Friday I would never have attempted taking him to the game on Saturday.

I had it all planned out to let him play hard that morning so that he would be tired & want to sleep in the car.  The best place for him to play these days is outside so that is where we spent the morning........

I just love his little legs in shorts!!


My plan seemed to be working & he seemed to have worn himself out (& me too) so we ate lunch, packed up the car & we were off!! 

The drive was about an hour but I gave myself 2 hours in the car since he normally takes a 2 hours nap & I wanted him to get as much sleep as he possible could.  He ended up only napping about 45 minutes but he was a trooper that afternoon & enjoyed every single second of being at the game; especially since there was a park right behind the bleachers!!

He made a friend right away............


He watched the game for a while............... 

I chased him around the entire time with juice & snacks because it was HOT outside & I could tell that the heat was getting to him.  His little cheeks were so red & I just knew he was getting too hot so I would try to have him sit down in the shade & have a drink of something cold but he would only sit for a second & then he was off again.



I finally just scooped him up & took him to the car for some A/C, cold juice & cold snack refreshing time & he was very happy to be there.........it helps that JuJu had Toy Story 2 in her car!  B's JuJu finished watching the boys game & then came & scooped B away for the evening.  She was so sweet to keep him so that I could rest a bit after my horrible week.

I know that I posted about my accident here, but on top of that wonderful Monday event I broke my pinkie toe so have been limping around in pain since, & I also slipped walking up the stairs & popped myself in the nose with a bottle of water leaving me with a nice BIG swollen nose.  Needless to say I had a very hard week & little things just kept happening that elevated my frustration not to mention I kept hitting my toe on everything so I don't think it is ever going to get better!!  Oh yeah & this past Sunday Lance & I were walking through Walmart picking up a few things before meeting JuJu, PaPa & Brayden at the mall & I slipped & fell on my knee!!  Leave it to me to find the one wet spot in the whole big damn store to slip on & again re-injure my toe so that now the whole right side of my right foot is bruised & swollen............I was so ready for yesterday & just pray that this week is better than the last!!

All in all Saturday was a great time for Brayden & he did very well even though he only slept for such a short period of time; I don't think that we will do things hat interrupt nap time that often but it is nice to know that he can handle it every once & a while.

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing! You did have a bad week! Hope this week is better!!

    I can't wait until it warms up enough here to break out Drake's shorts! B does look so cute in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...the sun in your photos is glorious!! I can't wait for that here in MN, so Henry can get outside and burn off some energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing, and all while being pregnant! I hope this week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh and that is the matt I sent for him! Glad to know he is using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this week is better for you! The older the Littles get, the better they handle little or no nap. I don't do it all the time, but everyone once in awhile you just have to, or life passes by.

    ReplyDelete