Saturday, March 19, 2011

33 Weeks ; A Honeydew Melon

Baby's now the size of a honeydew!


Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.  This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood

~Pregnancy Highlights~



Due Date: May 6, 2011 
Total weight gain: 23 lbs.
Cravings: spicy, spicy, spicy & of course sweets
Sleep: is awful; I sleep about 4 hours straight & then just lay there for a little while longer so at least I am resting my body
I can't live without: Brayden; he is keeping me going with his smile & laugh on the days when I am not "feeling it"
I miss: actually nothing
I am looking forward to: hopefully finishing up his nursery this week & also ordering the boys new stroller
Milestones: nothing major to report
Exercise: walking 3 mornings a week & I have been walking our stairs every night
Diet:  I am really trying to eat healthy & am actually now craving veggies!!
Maternity Clothes:  pants yes - shirts a mixture
Movement: all day & night & it is the BEST feeling in the world
Gender: Boy; Colton Lee
Labor Signs: I had some this past Monday (they say due to stress & dehydration but then again I was in a fender bender but none other than a few braxton hicks since
Belly Shots: (I have been saying this just about every week but I look awful & almost didn't post pictures so please excuse the way I look)




6 comments:

  1. Getting closer momma!!! Your little guy is all snugged up in there :) Tell us more about stair walking--do you do a certain number of sets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great hun!! your tummy seems small to me! maybe i should be stair walking!! i'm up 30 pounds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually started to walk up & down the stairs 15 times in the morning, 20 in the afternoon, & 25 in the evening.........it is not really a lot for an un-pregnant woman but for me it kicks my butt literally!! I am kind of trying to stay in shape but mostly I want to ensure that I have as great & easy of a delivery experience as I did with B. When I pregnant with him I could just take the pups for a walk 2-3 times a day to help with my breathing (lack there of), swelling & to get exercise but now I can't really do that because B will only go for so many walks in his stroller since he is an independent little guy he likes to just walk & all over the place so it makes it quite difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - you look great & I think I only look small because I am tall (5'10.5) & have a long torso so the baby has a good bit of space in there PLUS with B I gained most of my weight in the end so I am sure it is coming very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look radiant! It's great that you're still able to keep up with your exercising & stairs are a GREAT workout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great Mitzi. May will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete