Thursday, July 1, 2010

1st 90-Day Budget Challenge!!

I’m Budget Boot Camp Challenger!

Our first challenge starts today & it is to create & STICK TO a meal plan; easy right????
Not as easy as you might think!!!

Week 1 Meal Plan

Thursday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Sandwich
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Leftover Stroganoff/Sandwich
Brayden: Oatmeal/Leftover Stroganoff/Graduates Meal


Friday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Spaghetti
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Chicken & Rice w/Corn/Soup & Sandwich
Brayden: Waffle/Chicken & Rice w/Corn/Graduates Meal


Saturday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Cereal/Salad/Pizza
Lance: Cereal/Work Lunch/Pizza
Brayden: Oatmeal/Leftover Spaghetti/Graduates Meal


Sunday (Lance & I are going to the Lake for the 4th)
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy/Hamburgers & Hot dogs/Sandwich
Lance: Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy/Hamburgers & Hot dogs/Sandwich
Brayden: Oatmeal/Mac & Cheese & Fruit/Graduates Meal


Monday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Yogurt Salad Chicken Salad & Tomatoes
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Leftover Spaghetti/Chicken Breast Salad
Brayden: Oatmeal/Leftover Spaghetti/Graduates Meal


Tuesday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Taco Salad
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Tuna Salad Sandwich/Taco Salad
Brayden: Waffle/Spinach & Cheese Ravioli/Graduates Meal


Wednesday
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Tuna Luna Sandwich
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Taco Salad/His Choice (his night to eat out)
Brayden: Oatmeal/Chicken Pasta & Veggies/Graduates Meal

Brayden also has 2 snacks each day which are a banana & puffs/cheerios plus a milk bottle at 10am & one right before bed.

Lance, Brayden & I all eat, get up & want different things; I am trying to combine everyones meals when at all possible but it is pretty darn tricky!

I prepare Brayden's lunch's but not a lot of his dinners because of the time crunch & because he is still not eating everything we eat but I think as the weeks pass this will become easier.  Brayden is slowly starting to eat more of what we eat & I am really looking forward to not having to buy the pre-prepared meals for him.

Lance's schedule & the fact that he is a picky eater will always cause our meal plan to be somewhat of a challenge but I am getting new recipes together to get him more of a variety in the hopes that it will help.

My meals may seem boring but if you ever saw one of my salads you might think differently.  I throw what ever I can find on them & that varies each day depending on what I feel like plus I will & can eat whatever & don't really care to much about it!!

I will keep you updated on how it is going & you can also follow me on twitter @ goodsonfamily07.

3 comments:

  1. We started meal planning and it does help cut down on costs, but I need to stick to my list at the store. THAT is where I get into problems!

    good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! I am jealous of your meal plan. I've tried sticking to one, but never seem to do it! It's very frustrating. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitzi - I have a picky family too. It took my husband forever to open up to new ideas, but eventually he started branching out from his chicken for every meal rut! You should try my Salad Night idea (I linked it as my URL). My family loves it, since we all get customized meals and I cook less. My kids have participated since they babies too! They skipped the lettuce, but ate cheese, fruit, etc..

    ReplyDelete