Friday, July 2, 2010

What A Day......

Today was a very exciting & scary day for me; after 6 years I turned in my resignation & as of July 30th I will be leaving the corporate America to be a SAHM!!  I am pretty upset by my bosses reaction which was basically I am replaceable but that just made me realize that our decision was & is the RIGHT one!  I missed Brayden all day everyday & was actually getting depressed with our choice to put him in daycare.  Some people thing that being a SAHM is easy but I know different; it is a full time job but a full time job with better benefits than I had before.  I am going to be able to be home with him, teaching him like I have wanted to be since he was born, I will not miss anymore than I already have & I am excited about it all!!

I have the most wonderful, loving & supportive husband & he is the one that has made all of this happen for our family.  He started a new job this past Monday to help make up for my loss of pay; he will be working more than he was but at least when he is home we will be home as well & that is what matters most to the both of us.  Lance actually wanted me home with B along time ago but I think I didn't do it then out of fear; I was afraid of not earning my monetary keep, I was afraid that B wouldn't do as well or learn as much as he would if he were in school, I was afraid of so much & I kind of still am but I know that this is the right choice for our family & for me.

I feel so blessed & just can't believe my dream of taking care of B is finally coming true!!!

In other news check out our messy little eater; he has started to turn away when we try to feed him with a spoon or fork & prefers to feed himself so we are letting him do it most of the time.  It can be messy & I think that our dogs are going to gain a few extra pounds but it makes B happy so we are happy too!

Isn't he the cutest??


15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mitzi! I know you were valuable at your job, but I could always sense that you'd rather be home full time, and I'm glad you finally get to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Being a SAHM is difficult but so rewarding. I am so happy for you and I know your boys will be glad to have you home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's a big decision, and just in time for Summer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! You are a lucky girl! I would love to stay home but we need INS. At least it is only 3 to 4 days a week, but still I would rather be with Ava!

    Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous...I want to do it right now so badly, but it's just not an option for us right now with Grant's job, but I am looking into other options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mitzi, I am SO beyond excited for you & your family that you are able to be at home with B now! I hope the best & know you guys will do great!

    Those pictures of little man are SO sweet! His eyes melt my heart!

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, How exciting!!!

    Brayden is getting bigger by the day! Love his big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! that will be wonderful for all of you!
    I am so sad to be going back to work. I want so badly to stya home, thankfully I am only working part time.

    Look at that mess! I love this stage, they are just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Mitzi!!! Being a SAHM is not an easy task! I only work 3 days a week at my firm and those days are a breeze compared to when I'm at home with the boys. When I am at home, I am *constantly* moving - it's like manual labor, LOL!

    Little B is a lucky little guy and he is going to love his time with his awesome momma! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! Congratulations on becoming a SAHM I can't even imagine how that must feel. I have 3 weeks left then I will be returning to my job and I am sick over it. Enjoy your little man and watching him grow he is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO SO SO happy for you! What a great thing!! I work part-time and stay home part-time even though I have a pretty awesome deal with my job I still would give anything to be able to stay home full-time! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the big move to SAHM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG yay! I'm so excited you get to be a SAHM... it is so amazing to be able to be with your precious baby all day. Tough, but amazing (no matter what people say). What an awesome hubby to take on some extra work to support you in what you want to do.

    Now maybe we can finally get together during the week!! Email me when you're free :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your decision!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to you! I too dream of being a SAHM! Your little man is going to love it! Enjoy every second you can...you deserve it! Don't let corporate America bring you down - there are way more important things in life like family and happiness!

    ReplyDelete