Monday, July 26, 2010

M.I.A. - The Last Week of My Life.........

I was MIA until I started Brayden's pre-birthday posts for good reason I promise........this has been my hell!!

Sunday, July 18:
Wake up feeling perfectly fine until around 11 I fall down with excruciating pain in my right side!  Lance & I go to the emergent care facility down the street ($25); they say I have a kidney stone & send me home with pain meds.  This is after failing to listen to me & trying to get an IV in my right arm twice & failing (like I told them they would in the beginning) so I had to get 2 shots in that arm as well.  Got home & stayed doped up all day & night.

Monday, July 19:
Lance took B to school since I was still in an enormous amount of pain & still pumped full of Loratab & I stay home to try to pass the stone they said I had.  I stopped taking the pain medicine around 9 am so that I could pick B up from school & take care of him that evening.  I spent the whole day laying in bed waiting for the damn thing to pass & nothing.........still in pain I pick up B & we get home play, laugh, eat, bath, & down to bed.  Just seeing him took all my pain away (not really but you know what I mean); after he went down I was in even more pain from doing everything with him that I took a bath, a pain pill & I was out.

Tuesday, July 20:
Get up as normal (still in the same pain.....still no stone & couldn't take pain meds) get ready for work & then get B ready for school.  Drop B off, get to work, train the new guy taking over my job until around 11 when I can't take the pain anymore & head back to the doctor ($25) to see what the hell is wrong since there is NO STONE!!  Get there & they send me off to get a CT Scan.  Get to CT Scan place & there is a problem with our insurance; Lance left his employer & our COBRA was in the middle of being processed so I had to be personally responsibly for the payment ($450)!  Do the scan & wait 2 hours for the results & NOTHING!!!  Call the doctors office to find out the next step & they tell me to go home, drink plenty of fluids & rest......"you should be fine in a few days".  I cry my whole way home but smile when I see B; his JuJu picked him up from school for me & did his nightly routine as well since I just couldn't do it.  I lay down & try to rest but couldn't because I was still in the most horrible pain ever!!

Wednesday, July 21:
 I decided that I was just going to take myself to the ER ($150) & make them figure out what the hell was going on.............I checked myself in only to find out that I have "several cysts on each of my ovaries" as the ER doctor said & that I would now need to go see the OB.  I asked him if that what caused my severe pain on Sunday & he said that when they burst they can cause the type of pain that I am describing.  I asked him if this could prevent me from getting pregnant again & he said yes (more on that in another post). I was devastated & just wanted to get home & hug B.  JuJu had to pick him up again & I just felt horrible but had to at give him his night night bottle & rock him a bit before bed since I hadn't in what felt like a year but was only a few days!!

Thursday, July 22:
Head into work to train the new guy (training sucks) & call the OB to schedule an appointment before the weekend came & they tell me they can't schedule the appt. until they get everything from the hospital & they will call me when they do.............I don't hear from them at all Thursday.  I do however manage to pick up B from school & do the whole evening routine myself & I missed it so much!!  I put myself to bed & had to take a pain pill because of the pain but couldn't sleep at all.

Friday, July 23:
Get up & get ready for work, get B ready & dropped off at school & head to work.  I had to wait until 8:30 am to call the OB since that is when they open only for them to tell me that they don't need to see me for 6 weeks because "the cysts couldn't be causing that amount of pain that I am having"; I said OK, hung up the phone & called Lance & just lost it.  Why wouldn't anyone try harder to figure out what was wrong with me??  How was I going to live with this pain for the next 6 weeks??  I was at the end of my rope!!  Lance called the OB's office & called me back only to tell me to head back to the ER for more testing!!  I lost it again but left work to go there...........they check me in the ER ($150) & the same doctor is there & he said "I don't know what you want ME to do" so I lost it again on him.  He said he understood my frustration, asked me to calm down & he would do another CT scan but this time do it with contrast for a better look.  They do they test & at first thought that their was a abscess in one of my tubes but then later came back & said that there was "some type of infection or something"..........really an ER doctors words.....& tell me that I have to now go see the OB ASAP

Saturday & Sunday were spent trying to enjoy my family in between the pain so I wouldn't consider it quality time!

From all of this..........I have spent way to much money to know nothing, I have 3 horrible bruises on my arms from IV sticks; am still hurting & in pain, am exhausted, am way behind on B's birthday party planning & organizing, training the new guy, missing my husband & son & overall just want to know what the hell is going on with my body!!!

8 comments:

  1. WOW. Mitzi, I am SOO sorry you are going though all of this crap! Not only are you in massive amounts of pain, but NOBODY WANTS TO HELP YOU!! How frustrating that you've spent a gazillion dollars only to be told to wait things out. I can only hope that the stupid OB office can see you soon! I can't imagine how much pain you must be in.

    You'll be in my thoughts :) I really hope you get it figured out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitzi, I hope you get some good answers and relief VERY soon! I'm so sorry for all this stress, pain, and exhaustion you're suffering! I hope your OB sees you soon and figures this all out quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mitz, that sounds awful!!! I hope you're on the mend soon. I can't believe you were in & out of the doctors all week (and spent all that money!) and you're no closer to figuring out what's wrong! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that's terrible :( It sounds like everyone is just passing the buck and noone will take responsibility for their patient. I hope you find out what is going on soon and that you feel better fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's horrible. Stone pain doesn't last (stupid dr.'s) and cysts the same they shouldn't cause that much pain for a few days in a row. Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awful! I really hope that they can figure out what's going on soon. I'm sorry you are in so much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I cannot imagine being in pain like that. Those damn doctors...I sure hope they figure something out soon. Praise the lord for your amazing family and hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of you and really hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete