Thursday, July 8, 2010

Budget Boot Camp Challenge #2 - The Grocery List

I’m Budget Boot Camp Challenger!

So this week our Challenge is to create grocery list & STICK to it & I am ready to go!!  I have created our weekly meal plan & than created our grocery list from that menu............I should be able to stick to this one pretty easily.  Thursday & Fridays meals are already thing that we have in the pantry/fridge because I am not going to be able to get to the store until Saturday afternoon (I am going to my cousins wedding in VA Friday).  I have my list all set & Lance & I both sat down & decided everything on the menu together so that should help tremendously as well.  I have things that he has suggested & wants so that should help denture him (& me) from eating out.  This week I am also going to give Brayden more of the things that we eat to cut out the pre-made toddler meals which will in turn cut of grocery budget as well.  I am jumping ahead a bit challenge wise but I have also collected a few coupons & am hoping that I will be able to us them for the household items on our list.

Week 2 Meal Plan


Thursday
Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Chicken & Dumplings
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Eat Out/Chicken & Dumplings
Brayden: Cereal/Taco/Chicken & Dumplings

Friday
Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/out of town - Wedding in VA
Lance: Egg Sandwich/Chicken & Rice/Frozen Pizza
Brayden: Waffle/Chicken & Dumplings/Ravioli

Saturday
Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Grilled Chicken & yellow rice
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Work Lunch - Eat Out/Grilled Steak & yellow rice
Brayden: Oatmeal/Hot Dog & Carrots/Grilled Cheese & Peas


Sunday
Mitzi: Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy/Sandwich/Pot Roast, Potatoes, & Carrots
Lance: Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy/Sandwich/Pot Roast, Potatoes, & Carrots
Brayden: Try Eggs Again - Cereal/Chicken Fingers & Veggies/Pot Roast, Potatoes, & Carrots

Monday
Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Grilled Salmon, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, & Corn
Lance: Biscuits & Gravy/Pot Roast, Potatoes, & Carrots/Grilled Chicken Salad
Brayden: Oatmeal/Pot Roast, Potatoes, & Carrots/Graduates Meal

Tuesday
Mitzi: Yogurt/Salad/Tuna Sandwich & Tomato Soup
Lance: Egg Sandwich/Grilled Salmon, Loaded Mashed & Corn/Turkey Breast, White Rice & Peas
Brayden: Waffle/Grilled Salmon, Loaded Mashed & Corn/ Turkey Breast, White Rice & Peas


Wednesday
Mitzi: Yogurt Salad Egg Salad & Tomatoes
Lance: Slim Fast Shake/Turkey Breast, White Rice & Peas/Beef Tips & Loaded Mashed & Creamed Corn
Brayden:Oatmeal/Turkey Breast, White Rice & Peas/Beef Tips & Loaded Mashed & Creamed Corn


From this meal plan these are the things that I need from the store:
Salmon Fillet
Beef Tips
lunch meat (chicken & turkey)
Pot Roast
Chicken Breasts
Eggs
Turkey Breast
Chicken Fingers
Bacon

Bread
Saffron Rice
White Rice
Biscuits

Milk
Yogurt
Shredded Cheese

Brayden's
Yogurt
Puffs
Cheerios
Mandarin Oranges
Bananas

Avocado
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Carrots
Potatoes
Dried Cranberries
Almond Slivers

Creamed Corn
Peas
Black Beans
Chick Peas
Corn

Sausage Gravy

Plug Ins
Razor
Face Powder

I will let you all know how the grocery shopping goes after I hit the store Saturday & hopefully I will not have to go any other time during the week either!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Love reading your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm doing budget stuff too (so much fun) and I found a site called www.mint.com. It takes all your bank info, credit cards, etc. and tracks your spending. It took a bit to get it set up but it's pretty cool... anyways, I thought of you and your budget challenge when I signed up and thought I'd let you know. They have a Droid app too, if you have an Android phone... happy friday!!

    And 11 months... WOW!!! Addison will be 10 months next week... it's going too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You are so incredibly organized. This is amazing!!!!!! How can that rub off on me.....

    ReplyDelete