Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Holcomb Family Visit - Part One

I am sorry to have to do this but I have so many photos that I want to post that go along with my family's visit that I am going to break it up in pieces so that I don't overload each post!

I have blogged about it before but just in case you missed it; my parents have sold their house & will be moving to New Mexico in the very beginning of December.  New Mexico is where my dad was born & raised & he has always dreamed about moving back home so now that both my mom & dad are retired they are making the journey & my sister is going as well.  I am so very sad that they are going to be even further away but so happy that my dad gets to be home again & near his mom & brother & really happy that my grandmother will get Christmas with her son since she hasn't in; I think; around 25 years!!

Because of the move they came down for an early Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration & we had a ball!!  They got here on Saturday the 20th & Brayden was so happy to see them & their pups; he took them out back to show them the hill he loves to run up & down & also the mess that is back there from the patio getting it's roof (it is STILL not finished I might add).  We had a blast playing out there for quite a while; we just relaxed the rest of the evening & Lance stopped on his way home to get yummy cheese dip, chips, salsa, & rice from our favorite Mexican restaurant & we enjoyed chicken & beef tacos/burritos for dinner..........it was delicious & we all went to bed just to get up the next morning for an early Christmas & early Thanksgiving dinner!!!


Their Miniature Pincher's are much smaller than our dogs & Brayden really enjoyed loving on them even though they really didn't like it! 




He will run up & down this hill all day every day if you let him!! 



Showing off his sliding skills; he likes to stand up & try to slide....quite the dare devil!! 



Puddy brought Brayden a very special ball cap from New Mexico & even showed him how NOT to wear it. 




This is also the night the Brayden decided to poop in the tub not once but TWICE.  I cleaned out the tub & got fresh water in it for him to only do it again; it was quite gross but what can you do right??  I guess when you gotta go; you gotta go!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when kids do that, eldest has done that once or twice... not impressive lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh My daughter used to do that all the time! I will say though that is how we started potty training. I would pick her up as soon as she was about to go and I would hold her over the toliet. Now she goes #2 in the potty 9 times out of 10 since about 13mos old! It's been great :)

    ReplyDelete