Monday, November 29, 2010

The Holcomb Family Visit - Part Three.........Good-Bye's Stink!!

-BMonday Lance was back to work so we just chilled at the house that morning & played with all Brayden's new toys!!  He actually slept in that morning & didn't gt up until 8:30.........that is unheard of for him!! 





After nap time we ventured out to the park that afternoon. I tried to get on the slides & swing with Brayden was Colton kept me from doing to much; every time I would try something I would get very dizzy so Puddy had to step in & play a lot BUT I don't think he minded at all!! I actually think that it would be a tie between Brayden & his Puddy on how had more fun!!


 




Our kid is a dare devil; he really has no fear; he walked up to this part of the park & started to take a step without holding Puddy's hands..........sadly I think we might have many bumps. bruises & maybe even a few broken bones in our future. 






When we got home we ate turkey leftovers (& they get better with time) & then just waited for Lance to get home.  My mom & dad then gave Brayden the best present as far as I am concerned..........a recordable book.  He will now be able to listen to both of their voices read him "The Night Before Christmas" any time he wants to & believe me it is pretty often since they left!!  It makes me cry when he grabs the book & I hear them reading but it is a happy cry so I guess that is not such a bad thing.




Tuesday morning came & we all got up & got ready to go see this...........


I was so happy that my parents, sister, Lance's mom, Lance & Brayden could all be there to see Colton; it made the whole experience so much more meaningful than it already was!!  When we got back home mom & dad packed up & were on the road; B had lunch & then fought his nap with a passion that afternoon.  I later figured out that he had a very upset stomach; I only figured this out because when I went into get my screaming child he was covered in vomit!!  It was everywhere & his whole crib & he had to be cleaned & washed..........it was such a sad sight & I hope I don't have to see him like that again anytime soon!!

It was a wonderful family visit BUT it was way to short; it was a very sad good-bye that afternoon & we miss them so much already.  I know that my family didn't live really close to begin with but 8 hours is a lot different than 26 hours; I am so happy that they will be with my Grandmother & can't wait to visit & show Brayden where his Puddy grew up!!  I wish I could just be selfish & have them move here but I guess life just doesn'y always get to go my way..........DAMN IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment