Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Big Thank You.

Thank you to all the ladies that read my last post & reassured me that I am not a bad mommy; I know in my heart that I am not but it is nice to know that I am not the only that is going thorough or has been through this. I find great comfort in knowing that I am not the only one that feels like a failure some days, I like to know that I am not the only who has a baby that isn't STTN yet, I AM NOT saying that I find comfort in other women's pain but as a first time mom I need a little reassurance every once & a while & it is not the kind I can get from my best friend/husband. As much as I love him I think that a mother takes on the "burden" of the child when he or she is born; not that he loves Brayden any less (& not that Brayden is a burden) than I do....I just think a mothers emotional connection to their child is different & because of that we feel things differently than our husbands or boyfriends do.

I guess in some way it makes me somehow feel like less of a failure as a mother & actually NORMAL when I read that other women that are going through what I am going through. I do wish that all I ever read was blogs about rainbows & butterflies but children are about poop issues, belly issues, skin issues, sleeping issues, colds, mucous, PPD, poor self image & then occasionally you can through in a hour sometimes a day where you feel like you finally have the hang of it all.......but then tomorrow comes & you realize you don't BUT it is alright because you're not alone!!

Anyway, thank you ladies for letting me into your worlds & sharing your children, your happiness, sadness, pain, joy, photos & more!!

Here are a few photos of the happiness & joys of my life & I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!





Song of the Day: Nickelback - How You Remind Me