Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Big Thank You.

Thank you to all the ladies that read my last post & reassured me that I am not a bad mommy; I know in my heart that I am not but it is nice to know that I am not the only that is going thorough or has been through this. I find great comfort in knowing that I am not the only one that feels like a failure some days, I like to know that I am not the only who has a baby that isn't STTN yet, I AM NOT saying that I find comfort in other women's pain but as a first time mom I need a little reassurance every once & a while & it is not the kind I can get from my best friend/husband. As much as I love him I think that a mother takes on the "burden" of the child when he or she is born; not that he loves Brayden any less (& not that Brayden is a burden) than I do....I just think a mothers emotional connection to their child is different & because of that we feel things differently than our husbands or boyfriends do.

I guess in some way it makes me somehow feel like less of a failure as a mother & actually NORMAL when I read that other women that are going through what I am going through. I do wish that all I ever read was blogs about rainbows & butterflies but children are about poop issues, belly issues, skin issues, sleeping issues, colds, mucous, PPD, poor self image & then occasionally you can through in a hour sometimes a day where you feel like you finally have the hang of it all.......but then tomorrow comes & you realize you don't BUT it is alright because you're not alone!!

Anyway, thank you ladies for letting me into your worlds & sharing your children, your happiness, sadness, pain, joy, photos & more!!

Here are a few photos of the happiness & joys of my life & I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!





Song of the Day: Nickelback - How You Remind Me

11 comments:

  1. I didn't get a chance to read your last post, but wanted to reassure you even more that you are a fantastic mother. You do everything for that little man & don't ever for a second doubt that :)

    B is too dang adorable!! His smile makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I just wanted to say thank you for the comments on my blog! I never thought to look on there until a few weeks ago!

    Your little one is SO darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, Sorry I didn't get to send you a message on your last post. I've been a little behind this week with my sick baby. But I wanted to let you know that I too feel the way that you do sometimes. Hah, Sometimes, ALL THE TIME. You've read my blog. I am constantly worrying about my decisions that involve Cooper, how things are effecting him, If he's happy, healthy, growing right, doing things the way a baby his age does things.
    Your a great mom, you worry like a mother should.
    I agree with you, moms have a different type of bond with their babies.
    No they aren't burdens but they are work and they do change everything.

    Braden knows your the best mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oops and I forgot to tell you that the close up picture of Braden doing the dr. Evil mini me face has to be the cutest picture EVER!!! I love that one! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely not a failure. You are a wonderful mother and your son is adorable! I go through those "blah" moments too. Nobody is perfect. Oh and my baby doesn't STTN either!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are thanking everyone for their support but thank you for this post! We had a rough night with the little one last night and sometimes we just need to know that we aren't alone feeling the way we do when things get tough. You're right, the good times are far better than the bad and you are a great mother! Just look at the smile, he couldn't be sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, first those pictures are the CUTEST! Second, you're an amazing mom and Brayden is loved so very, very much. We all have these guilty mommy moments especially when it comes to sleep training which is SO difficult. If someone says they don't, well then they're a lying tramp! I hope he's feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the biggest mommy worrier ever! I totally get that! You are a great mommy and Brayden is too cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwww.....this smile makes me smile!!
    you need to frame that middle picture ;)
    okay, you don't have to but it's the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree...it is so nice to post a worry and get the reassurance that you need from your mommy-friends out there. It makes you know that you aren't a terrible mom and in fact you are a great one and your little guy loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a great mother! It is nice to have that reassurance from time to time though, isn't it? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete