Monday, March 22, 2010

Gonna Be A Long Monday...........


See this cute & adorable kid; can someone please tell him that he wouldn't be so grumpy if he slept through the night?? I really don't think that I have never been as tired as I am right this moment; B is having the hardest time STTN & between the sleep training & packing I am EXHAUSTED!! He woke up for some reason this morning at 2 & didn't fall back to sleep until 3:30 & then was ready to get up & eat breakfast at 5 like normal so we did but at 6 I could tell that he was tired & then the grumpy side of my son reared it's ugly head. I would love to have been able to let him nap this morning since I know he needs it but I have to start getting everything in the car so that we can get to daycare......I don't know what else to do for him when it come to sleep training & I feel like I am some how failing him.

I let him cry for a good while at night & some times he puts himself back to sleep & other times I get up & go in there to give him is binky & then he is back out. He will sleep great one night & then crappy the next & I am sure that on the good nights he sleeps so well because he is tired from the night before but how do I get him to STTN every night??? I can deal with not getting sleep myself but when he doesn't sleep well he isn't himself & doesn't want to do as much (like play). I am at a loss & just don't know what to do to help him...........anyone, anyone??

Don't forget to go here for my Q&A.......you have the opportunity to ask either myself or my hubbs anything you would like & we will answer!

Song of the Day: Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels like home

8 comments:

  1. We have been going through the CIO phase too and this is what I have found to be helpful with Chatham- if we leave a lamp on and lay on the floor next to his bed he goes to sleep within 10 minutes and currently is only getting up once in the night and we just lay hin back down and lay on the floor and he's back asleep within seconds.
    Once he's a sleep (the first time) we turn the lamp off, and it stays off for the rest of the night. Maybe this will help you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mitzi, we're STILL going through this with Nolan. There are usually 2 or 3 nights a week, where he can't get himself back to sleep...last night being one of them! As much as I hate to do it, I make him a small bottle, bring him in my room, feed him & let him lay in bed with us until he either: 1. falls asleep & I take him to his crib or 2. he gets groggy enough that I can put him down & he'll fall asleep on his own.

    It's so frustrating, but it's the only way Justin & I can actually manage to get some sleep. If we let him CIO for 2 hours, we aren't sleeping & neither is Nolan. It's hard, but keep at it! It's got to get better, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I've ever commented before but I love your blog and B's style :) Very cute little man! My son is almost 7 months old and just started sleeping through the night (we did the CIO for 5 minutes at a time). We have struggles where he wakes up and is still tired and then gets grumpy like you do. I pretty much have to leave him in his crib until he falls back asleep and wakes up well rested and happy. He goes down at 7:30 p.m. and will wake up around 5:30 a.m.(this varies) so if he won't go back down with a paci we will feed him a 4 oz bottle and put him back to sleep. Naps are a struggle too! I just try to get him to rest/sleep for 12 hours at night and at least 1 hour for naps. I don't think there is any miracle solution out there :( I think the hardest thing is when they wake up and you know they are still tired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a hard time with the sleep training as well, we are actually in the process of doing it again because he is just getting over being sick and got spoiled during that time :) One thing that worked wonders for us is the Fisher Price Seahorse. Do you have one of those? Drake almost always calms down if we go in and put it on for him, it plays for 5 minutes and he is almost always asleep by the time it gets done.

    Good luck Momma, this is a tough time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song of the day is our senior class song. =)
    Sorry to hear the baby has been fussy. That's no fun for him or for you guys. I hope he starts to sleep better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a new follower. i can completely relate! my daughter is 4 months old. we've been pretty lucky with her just sleeping well at night. however, she never really learned how to soothe herself. she just started getting up at 3 am, and can't get herself back to sleep. plus she's a terrible napper. makes for some rough days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can completely relate to the not STTN, E is still not and it is so very frustrating sometimes since I do occationaly like to sleep ;) He is also doing the butt scoot & doesn't want to craw! Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uggh I'm sorry he's sleeping so badly. I hope he gets better with it soon. And Gianna has that "Little Bulldog" shirt!

    ReplyDelete