Thursday, May 7, 2009

Doctor's Appt Today & I Am Very Nervous About It!

At 11:00 this morning I have a doctors appointment with Dr. Hamner & I am just praying that all goes well!! On the up side of the appointment I will get to see Brayden again since I have to get an ultrasound today but on the down side Lance won't be able to make it to this appointment because of work & today I will find out if my placenta has moved out of the way or if I have to schedule a c-section. I have been reading about placenta previa & I am so scared that it hasn't moved & my birth plan will be thrown out the window; I mean of course I want to make sure that Brayden arrives into the world safely but I DO NOT want to be cut open at all; plus with Lance not being able to make it to the appointment I will have to hear the news alone....PLEASE GOD LET IT BE GOOD NEWS!! I have prayed about this since they told me I had the issue & all I can do now is hope that my natural childbirth plan is also God's plan......I will update after my appointment.

Here is a summary about placenta previa (just a note my placenta is completly covering my cervix) -
What is placenta previa?
If you have placenta previa, it means that your placenta is lying unusually low in your uterus, next to or covering your cervix. The placenta is the pancake-shaped organ — normally located near the top of the uterus — that supplies your baby with nutrients through the umbilical cord. Placenta previa is not usually a problem early in pregnancy. But if it persists into later pregnancy, it can cause bleeding, which may require you to deliver early and can lead to other complications. If you have placenta previa when it's time to deliver your baby, you'll need to have a c-section. If the placenta covers the cervix completely, it's called a complete or total previa. If it's right on the border of the cervix, it's called a marginal previa. (You may also hear the term "partial previa," which refers to a placenta that covers part of the cervical opening once the cervix starts to dilate.) If the edge of the placenta is within 2 centimeters of the cervix but not bordering it, it's called a low-lying placenta. The location of your placenta will be checked during your midpregnancy ultrasound exam.

On another good note though, my family is arriving today for my baby shower on Saturday & I can't wait to see everyone. I am exhausted from deep cleaning the house for the past week but it is all so worth it to have my mother & sisters at my baby shower on Saturday....& dad is coming too but he will be enjoying some rest time while we are at the shower & Lance is at work on Saturday & hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow & we can take them up to the lake since they have never been out on our old boat let alone our new one.

1 comment: