Tuesday, June 9, 2009

33 Weeks....Only 7 More To Go!!

About me this week:Pregnancy is one of the greatest changes a woman undergoes in life, and changes main companion is stress. Apart from physical stress like fatigue, nausea, change in body size and shape, you will feel anxiety about the whole pregnancy act, your finances and your baby. Prolonged stress is detrimental, so find ways to relax.

About Brayden this week:
Your baby now weighs about 4.5lb and total length is about 19in long. Crown to rump length is about 30 cm. Although Brayden’s final eye color will not be obvious for some after birth, around this time the iris color starts to appear. Most fair babies are born with blue eyes and darker toned babies with brown eyes but this may change. Pupils start to dilate, and the post birth pattern of sleeping with eyes closed and having them open at other times is established. You are probably both very aware that it is getting more and more cramped in there. Your baby's adrenal glands have developed and are producing hormones that stimulate your breasts to lactate. Are you thinking about food more in this home stretch? Seafood can boost the development of your baby's brain, which will develop most during the ninth month. His knees will curl up towards his tiny chest as he begins to assume the classic "fetal" position. Because there is a little less room to move around in, Brayden is a bit quieter now, storing up energy and getting ready for his grand entrance.

How far along? 33 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I have gained 26 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yep
Stretch marks? none that I have seen yet but I really can't see the under belly so I guess I will find out once he has arrived.
Sleep: not getting any
Best moment this week: just feeling him moving in there is the best thing every week....it is amazing to me every time I feel it.
Movement: he is a very active little boy
Food cravings: it seems that I don't really have cravings anymore I just want to eat all the time!
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: yes, keeping a close eye on the contractions that have been having!
Belly Button in or out? still half in & half out
What I miss: my energy
What I am looking forward to: the weekend, I am just tired
Weekly Wisdom: I have no wisdom this week....I have pregnancy brain!!
Milestones: scheduling our hospital tour....I hope that he doesn't come early because we can't get there until July 2nd!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! 33 weeks! Can you believe it's going by so fast! Looks like you had a busy weekend posting, I need to go back through and read up, I was gone so I need to catch up! By the way, I am LOVING Brayden's nursery! So freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete