Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Review

So we had a wonderfully productive weekend it feels good to be almost done with our to do list! Friday Lance was off so we had the sofa & carpets cleaned as well as the dogs getting groomed......that night when I got home from work we decided that we needed to run out & get Lance some new clothes; he has lost 32 lbs. in the past few months (he says that he has to get ready to chase his little boy around) so he needed new pants for sure. We did that & then went to On the Boarder for dinner.....I don't have any idea why I torture myself with even going there; the salt content that is in everything there is awful & I woke up Saturday swollen just like I knew I would but it was good the night before!!

Saturday we had our baby shower with my co-workers, friends & family (see previous post) & it was such an wonderful time then when we left there & met 2 of our friends out for dinner. It was nice to see them but I was so tired from the full day of events so I was ready to get home, get in my comfy clothes & get some much needed rest! We were supposed to have our maternity photos taken before the shower but our friend that was doing them ended up having to reschedule them until this Sunday...I was so bummed but understood of course.

Sunday we got up early & ran a bunch of errands that we still had to do. We had a nice relaxing breakfast at Atlanta Bread Company, then ran over to target to exchange some stuff & get our baby monitor for me to have here at work. We decided to get one with a camera on it since Brayden will be here with me at work BUT in the next room & then we were off to Babies R Us to do the same thing. We had to exchange some stuff & use the gift cards that we received to get Brayden's car seat, stroller, 2nd base for Lance's car, breathable bumpers (that don't fit our crib), & a few other things! We left Babies R Us & then had to go to Sam's for some grocery shopping & then it was off to the mall to walk around & get some exercise; I am trying to walk every night & it was too hot yesterday to do it outside to we walked the mall for about 2 hours. Needless to say i was exhausted but felt good at the same time if that makes since. I was so excited to finally have his car seat & just wanted to get home & have Lance put it in my car but he put together a few other things....

The dogs thought that they could help with the swing assembly....

Here is Brayden's Swing....it is so sweet!!

Lance has a lot of assembly years ahead of him......

Brayden's Stroller....


Here is his car seat....just waiting to be installed in mommies car.

And last but not least Lance was putting together Brayden's ceiling fan....it will put up tonight.


After all this work Lance finally sat done with me on the sofa & relaxed....we watch a movie & then watched VH1 for a few hours; they were playing all of Michael Jackson's videos & it was fun to reminisce about where Lance & I were in our lives when each video/song came out. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend & as always Lance & I thank God for all the blessings that he has bestowed upon us.

I have my 36 week doctor's appointment today so I will have my strep B test done as well as an internal to see if there has been in progression. I can't wait to see if there is anything going on yet!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Tons of stuff! So much fun!! Good Luck at the appointment today! Can't wait to hear the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the stroller that we were going back and forth on too! :) Mark really LOVED that one, but I was in love with the other one from the beginning so he let me pick! Good choice though! And it kinda matches with the theme in Brayden's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we really tried to find a black & red travel system but NO luck so we found this one & Lance & I both love it!!

    ReplyDelete