Tuesday, June 23, 2009

35/35....Holy Cow!!

I can't believe that there are only 35 days left until my due date....I just can't believe how fast time has flown by!! I had my 35 week doctors appointment yesterday (I have been going to the doctor every week since the contraction issues) & everything is looking good. I left them know that I am still having contractions & my mid wife said that they are not going to do anything to stop them from this point on. I do need to call if they are occurring every 10 minutes for more than 2 hours but other than that she said they they could continue & I could go early or they could completely stop & I will go 40 weeks. She says that there is just no way of knowing what exactly what will happen BUT we will know more next Monday when I get an internal exam & also my Group B Streptococcus test done. She did say that Brayden is about 5 lbs., is measuring 34, & is VERY low in my pelvis. Lance & I have decided to get prepared for everything that we can by the end of this weekend just in case Brayden wants to meet us a bit early; so last night I pulled down our suitcase & printed off my hospital check list, we watched class #3 on our labor video, we are getting the carpets & sofa cleaned this Friday, the pups are heading to the groomers for a deep cleaning, Lance is going to finish the painting what needs to be done on the patio & the list goes on & on but thankfully Lance has his 3 day weekend this weekend so we can get a bunch done as a team!!

Baby Brayden if you can hear mommy, please stay as long as you need to in my belly to be healthy. Daddy, Georgia, Bella & I all really want to meet you but please make sure that you come when you are healthy & safe.....
All my love, Mommy


Baby Brayden This Week.....
Your baby weighs nearly 5 pounds and will continue to gain about half a pound per week until you deliver. He stretches out to 18.5 inches and stem cells in the bone marrow continue to produce red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets to maintain a healthy immune system, but there is not really any development remaining for arms, legs, brain or organs. Brayden will simply continue to add that adorable baby fat as it readies for its big debut. Now that you are able to see baby's movements, you may enjoy doing just that when baby moves from side to side. You can tell which side baby is by comparing both sides of your belly. At some point toward now, your baby may turn into the final birthing position, usually head down. Less than 5% of babies are 'breech' that is with their legs or bottoms down. Doctors advise C-section for such cases as the safest way to deliver the baby and avoid fetal distress. Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

How far along? 35 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 31 lbs as of yesterday
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? none yet but I feel like I am stretching more now than ever before
Sleep: same as usual; sleeping about a good 2 hours & then I toss & turn
Best moment this week: celebrating Lance's first Father's Day, YES HE IS A DAD ALREADY!!
Movement: He moves all day & night....I am not complaining at all; I love every moment of it!!
Food cravings: actually my appetite is slowing down quite a bit
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: I have contractions daily
Belly Button in or out? pretty flat but pops out by the end of the day
What I miss: being able to get off the sofa or bed with out struggling
What I am looking forward to: we have our 2nd shower this Saturday & we are also having a good friend take some maternity photos before the party...CAN"T WAIT!!
Weekly Wisdom: take it one day at a time & cherish every moment you have with your LO right now. As selfish as this sounds, Brayden is all mine right now & I like it!!
Milestones: 35 Weeks.....that to me is a huge milestone

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 35/35!!! Doesn't this feel great! Just another little milestone for us! I am so excited for you and your shower! It is so nice once you have the last one that way you can make a list of everything that you still need and go get it! That is what we will probably be doing this weekend! I updated my registry with extra items such as lotions and little things like that that we can stock up on! :) We got our coupon in the mail already! Yay for packing your bag, We started doing that too and it is making everythign so official!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost there, how exciting! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy =)

    ReplyDelete