Saturday, December 11, 2010

19 Weeks......

Baby's now the size of a mango!

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting.

~Pregnancy Highlights~
Due Date: May 6, 2011
Total weight gain: 9.5 lbs.
Morning Sickness: nope
Cravings: Mexican food & sweets.......I want them all day everyday but even when I eat them I still want more.  I can't seem to get that full feeling EVER & that is scary!!!
Sleep: more please; thank you........
I can't live without: B-Buckle & Belly Band; I am at the weird stage when my pants are to tight when buttoned but my maternity pants are too big
I miss: sleep; I am really getting run down but it doesn't seem to matter.........I am still up every morning no later than 4am
I am looking forward to: decorating the nursery
Milestones: He was balling up into a tight little ball the other night so Lance could feel him in my belly & I heard his little heart beat today
Exercise: not this past week.......again; I am fighting off a cold
Diet: See it & Eat it........the holidays are tough on this pregnant woman
Movement: YES & loving it
Gender: Boy; Colton Lee Goodson
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Shots: these photos are horrible; Lance was sitting on the bench in our room so the camera was at a bad angle


No comments:

Post a Comment