Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Shower for Jones Mackenzie.......


This past Sunday we hosted a baby shower for our friends Meghan & Justin; we decided to do a jack & jill shower so that they could both enjoy the celebration of their 1st child & I think that it turned out really nice.  We did a sports/football theme since that is how Jones room will be decorated, because the guys would be there & also because the shower was on Sunday & we are all huge football fans!!

I asked a friend of ours who makes amazing cakes if she could do a cake to match Jones shower invite & boy did she........

Check out the beautiful cake that she created for the party...........it is a perfect match!!!

She also made the cupcakes; I ordered the toppers & candy bar covers from Karyn at Pixel Perfect since she designed the invite & I wanted then to match. 


I made the chocolate covered strawberries myself & bought the delicious fudge covered oreos & added the "J" to them so they would be more personalized......... 

These were the favors; I actually got them at the dollar store & added different scrapbook stickers to the fronts of them to make them cute.........not to bad for a $1 huh?? 

Everything on this table was "fat free" I promise.............. 

I tried to figure out things/games to do that weren't to "girlie" but would be fun & so I decided to do a DIY onsie & burp cloth area for everyone to enjoy......... 

This is the one that I made........ 

I had white onsies in all sizes & burp clothes as well & any that didn't get decorated went home with the new mommy & daddy!  Above the DIY table I huge Jones' ultrasound photos; I added so cute sayings to them, had them printed out & then glued them on to scrapbook paper & hung them with "It's a Boy" ribbon.  We only played one game & it was the YEAH Baby Candy Bar game; it is a fun game that both men & women can laugh about & enjoy!!


Mommy to Be creating her little guy something adorable to wear! 

For food & drinks we did sports type foods & snacks; I made chili, meatballs, weenies, buffalo chicken dip, veggies, & chicken salad sandwiches & then we had sweet tea, fruity water, spiked punch & beer!

Instead of a guest book we did a game ball; we had everyone sign it & then purchased a glass case so that Megs & Justin could display it in Jones nursery............ 

The boys needed their place to hang too so the garage was set up just for that; we have darts & checkers out there so add a heater & what guy wouldn't have fun?? 

Stan, Justin (daddy to be) & Lance 

I stole this idea from Mrs. F & think that it turned out perfect.  I wanted to do simple yet personalized decorations so I made monogrammed wreaths to hang on the back door by the DIY area.  It was pretty simple to make just kind of timely but all in all they loved it & so did I. 



I ordered the banner from Get the Party Started on Etsy & it was PERFECT!!!

I really think that Meghan & Justin loved the shower; at least I hope they did!! 




It is so crazy that she & I are pregnant at the same time; but it is so nice to have someone to relate to this time around!

Both Meghan & Justin are naturals when it comes to baby Vincent here so I am sure that they will have everything taken care of & under control when Jones arrives into the world!!


Brayden spent Saturday night & Sunday morning with his JuJu & PaPa so I could get everything set up & ready so when he got home everyone was there to met & greet him; he was such a ham the whole afternoon & it was so sweet to see everyone play & interact with him!!


& I guess what grown man after a few beers couldn't resist getting into the ball pit right??

Brayden did not like this one bit!!

The shower was so much fun & we enjoyed spending the afternoon with friends & celebrating Jones future arrival.  I was exhausted by the end of the evening but I got everything cleaned up & was in bed by 8:30 that night & I think I was asleep by 8:31.  I wouldn't have thought it possible but having their shower made me get even more excited for Colton's arrival & I will be getting my butt in gear on his nursery after the holidays have come & gone............

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love everything about this shower! The attention-to-details were amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shower! I think we have a friend in common! Beth miller?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute shower, I love all the little details and the theme was so cute.

    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Southern Belle: I take it you know the adorable Vincent?? Yes I know Beth & Sam.......what a small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shower looked amazing!! You did a great job with all the details!! I love the football signing idea... so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shower! And the wreaths turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great party! Glad we could be a part of it! http://www.etsy.com/shop/getthepartystarted

    ReplyDelete