Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Changes.......

B has all of a sudden (the past 1.5 months) decided that changing his diaper interrupts his play time & doesn't want me to ever change him & what makes this worse is he he rolls, kicks, tries to hit & pulls my hair in an effort to not have me change him.............it is wonderful really!!  With all of this happening we have moved his changing pad to the floor & off of the dresser & after the holidays I am going to finally redo the wall above the dresser & decorate the top.

I am not sure of the sudden change in him when it comes to getting is diaper changed & he is slowly learning that his behavior is "not nice" but it is very unsettling to see his temper flare like that & over something that is over so quickly.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come as far as his little attitude but I guess we shall see what the future holds right??  He only does the hitting, kicking & hair pulling at diaper changes & is usually so loving & huggy so maybe he just doesn't want to be interrupted while playing.....who knows I guess I am just happy that it is getting better & he is understanding when I am saying that "hitting is not nice" & "no no".


5 comments:

  1. It must be the age...Henry acts like getting his diaper changed these days, is a form of tourture :-/ I hate the stuggle, but I think he'll grow out of it. Good luck hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son is 11 months and is starting that and it literally takes 20 minutes to get a diaper on him and i usually need my 3 yr old to help ...lol.....drives me insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron has definitely been doing that too for a few months now. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malakai is doing the same thing. I was wondering what to do about his changing table. I may move ours to the floor as well...but he'd probably drag it around the house. haha.
    Currently he thinks it's hilarious to swivel his body + kick me in the ribs when I'm reaching for a wipe. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that I am not alone in this :)

    ReplyDelete