Tuesday, July 7, 2009

37 Weeks Today.....

What is going on with your baby during week 37?

Brayden is acquiring important antibodies from you that will protect the vulnerable newborn from life-threatening diseases, when it enters into this world. If you choose to breastfeed, you will be topping up on the immunities after birth. Your baby receives 'natural immunization' for another six months after its birth with breast milk. Doctors will advise that you have your baby immunized starting at age two months. Your baby weighs almost 6.5lb and is about 21in long from crown to rump. His limbs and tummy are all growing rounder and chubbier every day. His skin is less wrinkly now, and most of the redness has turned to a hue that reflects your baby's ethnic heritage. By this time, most babies descend down into your pelvis, head first, getting ready for birth. Your due date is so close that you could easily deliver at any time! Chances are very good that delivering from this week on, your baby will be healthy. Take a deep breath. Labor, delivery and motherhood will all be amazing and wonderful experiences!

As for me.....I failed my Strep B test & am bummed about having to have an IV during labor. I was really hoping to not need an IV at all during labor but it is what it is & I will be fine with being stuck with that big, huge needle since it is for our little boy!! I am ready to meet our little lovebug but am trying to patiently wait which those who know me know that I am not good with the patience thing! I have been trying to seduce my hubby (& failing miserable at this too) since it has been so long since we have been close but with him being sick this past week/end & the fact that he is still afraid he is going to hurt the baby somehow I don't know if anything is going to work & that saddens me. I feel distant from him & hate it...I am feeling fat & unattractive & I just want to feel his touch again. I don't really bring it up too much because I don't want it to happen because I am forcing it....IDK we shall see what happens! Maybe I can get him to do it by telling him it will help move things along :)

How far along? 37 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 28 lbs as of yesterday
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? none yet but I feel like I am stretching more now than ever
Sleep: same as usual; sleeping about a good 2 hours & then I toss & turn
Best moment this week: getting Brayden's car seat installed in my car
Movement: All the time; it still amazes me.
Food cravings: actually my appetite is slowing down quite a bit, BUT I want fruit all day everyday (so at least it is something good for me)
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: I have contractions daily
Belly Button in or out? out; really out by the end of the day
What I miss: pants with buttons on them
What I am looking forward to: our maternity photos....hopefully getting them done tomorrow
Weekly Wisdom: rest, rest, rest
Milestones: I AM FULL TERM!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are bummed about failing the Step B test, but don't worry...it'll turn out great! I wish I was craving fruit, but I'm craving sweets! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full Term Mitzi!!!! Don't worry about your Strep B test, everything will turn out great in the end! Just a few more weeks! It's just so hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete