Tuesday, July 28, 2009

40 Weeks & No Progress.

Just got back from our doctor's appointment & I am still not dilated.....NOT AT ALL!! They did an ultrasound & hooked me up to the monitor for a bit & Brayden is doing awesome & he is a healthy little boy so that is great, amazing, wonderful; so why do I feel so sad & upset?? It is so very hard to describe how I am feeling at this very moment; I am of course with out a doubt happy that our son is VERY healthy & thriving in my belly but I am so tired & ready to have him in my arms that I started to cry when there was nothing . I don't think I would say that I am disappointed but in a way I am; I have an appointment on Friday to check & see how things are going & then if still nothing I am scheduled to go to the hospital on Monday night to begin ripening my cervix & then start pitocin on Tuesday morning. All along I have known that things could change & my birth plan was just that a plan not a given....just like your due date is a guesstimation BUT I mean really why give it if it means you can go to 41 or 42...just give me the damn 42 week date & tell me that is the day..........

I am done complaining; Brayden is healthy & there is still a chance he could come before the induction date so maybe my birth plan will still hold true. All we can do is wait right????

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear no progress yet :( and yeah, you are right, having a birth plan is just that, a plan on what to do, but not what is going to happen :( Mine went completely out the damn door... I will keep my fingers crossed and sending some "Labor Dust" your way! I want to see pictures of baby Goodson already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO impatient at the end of my pregnancy- I remember crying every appointment when I was told I was STILL at 1 cm (I was 1 cm. for three weeks) I am sure you've been told to walk, eat spicy food, have sex etc. I did it ALL and let me tell you these little guys come whenever they're good and ready. Take a hot bath, bawl your eyes out, and suprisingly crying SO hard = good sleep. So there is a positive to all the tears!!
    I am happy he's healthy and he'll be in your arms before you know it.
    I second the labor dust- I am throwing handfuls your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your blessed event hasn't started of its own accord yet, it does sound as if you are more-than-ready. I can't imagine trying to be patient at this point, you are wonderful to be s upbeat about it!

    Sending a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poops....maybe tonight He will come..maybe~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that can be tough. But you never know when he might come. I did lots of walking.. and I mean a lot!! ha!! Once he does come and you look back, you will wonder where the time went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, but be patient and just know he will be here soon enough! he is just very comfy right now,I will send you some labor dust your way

    ReplyDelete