Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week 39 & Hoping To Have Good News At the Doctor's Office Today!!

So I am ready & willing to have Brayden anytime he is ready to come; I have my 39 week doctors appointment today & am hoping that something has started happening down there. Last week I had not dilated at all & I know that I am not even 40 weeks yet but PLEASE GOD let me have dilated some....PLEASE!!!

How far along? 39 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs. & I think I am done!
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? none yet
Sleep: no more than 2 hours at a time...then I wake up & can't get back to sleep
Best moment this week: shopping on Sunday with Lance & his mom
Movement: he is a very active little boy
Food cravings: fresh fruit & veggies
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: braxton hicks all day everyday....& shooting pains in my vagina that feel awesome as well as the occasional cramping
Belly Button in or out? out; as Lance says my popper has popped so doesn't that mean that I am done??
What I miss: my old body
What I am looking forward to: my doctor's appointment today; I really hope that I have progressed
Weekly Wisdom: DON"T EAT PROCESSED FOODS; swelling stinks
Milestones: giving birth is the only milestone I want to talk about at this point!! I am not rushing my baby boy but I am defiantly ready to meet him.

What's Going On With Brayden Lance Goodson This Week:
If you're not in labor at this very moment, you will be soon! And as anxious as you are to meet your little angel, he is just as excited to enter the world. Brayden is now considered full term - its skin is plump, the lungs are mature, the mammary glands and external genital structures are visible. There is some lanugo on the shoulders and back; some of the vernix remains in the folds of the skin, especially around the groin and armpits. There are creases on the soles of the feet. Baby now fills most of the uterus and it moves into the birth position. The head points down toward the birth canal while the arms and legs are pulled close to the chest. Like the newborn, the fetus spends most of its time sleeping but its body rhythms, responses and activity patterns are established. Its intestines are filled with meconium - a sticky greenish black substance that is made up of alimentary gland secretions, lanugo, pigment and cells from the wall of your bowel; this will be passed during baby's bowel movements after its birth. Even at this late stage, your baby is still growing, now to around 7 pounds and 22 inches. All of baby's organs are fully developed, along with toenails, fingernails, and muscles in his arms and legs. At this point, babies can become entangled in their umbilical cords. If this should happen, don't worry. In most cases it's not dangerous.

My Body This Week:
Although your tummy is larger than you could have imagined, you may actually feel more comfortable in your body than you have in a while. That's because your baby has dropped further down into your pelvis, relieving additional pressure. This change has also caused your center of gravity to shift suddenly, so you may lose your balance more easily or have difficulty standing upright, particularly when getting out of a chair. Take extra care of yourself - you have a baby to deliver very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear if there is some progress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better I never saw any progress at my dr appts and baby came on her own before my due date :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post and let us know if you've made any progress! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just in love with his little name. Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in on ya! Hope all is well...keep us posted~

    ReplyDelete