Tuesday, July 14, 2009

38 Weeks Along......

How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs. & hopefully I am done gaining!
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? none yet
Sleep: no more than 2 hours at a time...then I wake up & can't get back to sleep
Best moment this week: being able to see Brayden's little foot pushing my side; it is the weirdest thing but AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL as well
Movement: he is a very active little boy & I love feeling him
Food cravings: fresh fruit & veggies; where was this craving a few months ago when I was gaining weight??
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: braxton hicks all day everyday....
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: being able to walk outside, go to the lake, or pool without getting as big as a house from water weight
What I am looking forward to: my doctor's appointment today; I really hope that I have progressed
Weekly Wisdom: DON"T EAT SALT; swelling stinks
Milestones: being able to make out Brayden's body parts just by feeling & seeing them move in my belly.


All About Brayden.....
Brayden weighs about 6.5 to 7 pounds and is approximately 19.5 inches in length. You have been full term for a week now, so you might want to start addressing those birth announcement envelopes while you still have your hands free! Your long wait will be over any time now. If you are carrying a boy, have you decided whether or not you will have him circumcised? There is growing debate among parents and health care providers over circumcision but ultimately it is a personal decision for each parent. Brayden spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. In anticipation of meeting you, baby is busy getting ready for the occasion. The fine hair (lanugo), covering her body begins to shed along with the whitish coating on the skin (vernix). Brayden is getting plumper! Brayden may have assumed the head down position by now the position majority of babies are in when their mothers go into labor.

All about me this week......
Although your size is remaining constant, your discomfort might be increasing, as some of the symptoms related to your weight, including heat rashes and difficulty sleeping, might be getting to you. While your due date may be two or more weeks away, pack your labor bag and get ready. Ninety-five percent of all babies are born within two weeks of their due dates.

I have to admit that I am very uncomfortable almost all of the time; I can't seem to get comfortable & if I sit still in my chair at work for more than an hour my legs, ankles (cankles), & feet begin to become twice to three times there size. I hate to complain about anything having to do with our little lovebug but this past week has been really draining & hard on me. I am just hoping that the doctor says that I have made some kind of progress today at my appointment!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the doctor's appointment this afternoon! Hope you've progressed and your little one is almost ready to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay two more weeks for us! :) Can you believe that... Ohh and I was looking at your belly pic and then looked at mine and it looks like our little guys have dropped!

    ReplyDelete