Friday, July 31, 2009

Brayden is Posterior or "Sunny Side Up"

& that is why he has not made his appearance yet!! I just got back from the doctor & am in tears of all the things that I was told today.....everything could go fine with my labor & delivery, we could check into the hospital on Sunday to begin with the cervadil or foley to ripen/open my cervix & then labor progresses normally & Brayden arrives as planned. BUT I could check in on Sunday & I go through the whole induction & vaginal labor process only to end up with a c-section. Because Brayden is facing the wrong way & because he has been in the head down ready position for so long I might not be able to get him to turn which means that labor could go 1 of 3 ways....

1. We induce & he turns on his own when labor progresses & everything is good
2. We induce & he doesn't turn but with extra help (vacuum, forceps, extra pushing time & pain) he is still delivered vaginally
3. We induce & because he is facing the wrong way he is not able to descend into the canal so we go through hours of labor & end with a c-section

I am getting ready to go down stairs, get on my ball & do the pelvic exercises that I have been instructed to do to try to get him to turn but how will I know if he has turned?? This sounds stupid but what if I just keep making him turn & turn & turn in there OR what if what the doctor said happens. There are so many what ifs that could happen that I am just scared & I know that Sunday is only 2 days away but the unknowing & uncertainty is going to drive me up the wall. At this point screw my birth plan I just want my son in my arms & healthy!

I feel helpless & lost & can't wait for Sunday night to get here!!

6 comments:

  1. My little Samantha was born facing the wrong way and also had her chin up! Everything went great, we had no complications and she came out on her own! I pushed for an hour and half and it really wasn't too bad either. So don't worry it is definitely possible! Just try to stay positive and remember that your LO is gonna be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your concern...I ended up having to have a csection after 20 hrs of labor. Just keep doing what you can and know that you'll be in great hands no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry sweetie...I understand your frustration. Try your pelvic exercises in hopes that Brayden turns. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm hoping that you get to go through with your original birth plan! Take it easy and enjoy this time with your husband. Come Monday, your little miracle will be in your arms. It's so exciting!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely understand how frustrating that can be! Hopefully things will work out and you'll be able to stick with the birth plan you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ended up doing your option number 3, and it wasn't the worst thing in the world. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My baby boy was also born the wrong way and it did take longer.....my doc. just let me go longer and the extra pushing and pain. I didn't expect this with baby #4 but he is here and fine and healthy so alls well!
    Also - my second child was born on Aug. 2 - six years ago! =)

    ReplyDelete